Kelley Blue Book

TDawg

Registered
Here is a run down of Kelley's Blue Book on the Hayabusa. Keep in mind that these figures are for the state of Indiana. I would like for others in different states to post theirs if you dont mind. Thank you.

1999 - $5215

2000 - $5410

2001 - $5610

2002 - $5875

2003 - $6170

ANNIVESARY EDITION - $6270

2004 - $6535

LIMITED EDITION - $6665

2005 - $6995

LIMITED EDITION - $7130

2006 - $7525

LIMITED EDITION - $7655

2007 - $8250

2008 - $9460

2009 - $10,255

kbb.com doesnt let me put in a location so i dont know how you got yours for the specific state?. The values i looked up on the website are the same as the ones you posted.

Kbb really does not do much, if you think about it

It's what the market will sell for and what people are willing to pay, also look at what prices sell for on ebay

Try getting $9500 for a 08:rofl:

It asked me for my zipcode, therefore I thought it was just my area. Sorry everyone, Im a goof ball.

Kbb really does not do much, if you think about it

It's what the market will sell for and what people are willing to pay, also look at what prices sell for on ebay

Try getting $9500 for a 08:rofl:

I know what you mean. I sure the heck wont pay $9500 for an 08 or $8250 for the 07, i wont pay $8250 for the 08.

I was told that the blue book is what the bank will give you the loan for.

Im pretty sure the bank will give you whatever you need as long as you qualify ???. Now if you dont have good credit or something that may be true...

KBB will only confuse a customer.
After selling just about everything for more than ten years I have NEVER seen any 'trade' bring KBB value.
As Talyor said it is what the market will bring.
When it comes to cars Manheim auction dealer site as well as the 'black book' is what we use to determine trade or sale value. Manheim will tell you what the same make and model recently sold for at auction. 'Rough book' value in the Black Book is close to what it is worth. Even a 'diamond' or 'cherry' will only bring 'rough' book. Vehicles are soft now and not bringing in what people think they are worth. It's tough to 'devalue' a persons pride and joy and then convince them to buy something from you.
If you put in 'trade value' and look at 'fair' condition price and subtract 10-20% for actual market value you may be close to 'real' value.

KBB is a tool used by the dealers to give you less for your trade in and convince you to pay more for the one you purchase.

Its all a sham. I went to the dealer a few weeks ago and just for the heck of it I had them price my truck for trade, they offered me 10k below book value. They cited market prices and blah blah blah. I asked him if I could replace it for another used one on the lot for the same money, and of course the answer was no. They had several that were close in year and mileage priced at retail KBB, where as I was just asking low trade in KBB. Another good thing about having a smart phone, you can research anything in real time right where you are. They are thieves in my opinion. The only sure fire method of getting a decent deal is to take cash and not trade anything in.

the only time ive ever had blue book value actualy used to determine value is when insurance is figuring a total loss.

Im pretty sure the bank will give you whatever you need as long as you qualify ???. Now if you dont have good credit or something that may be true...

Banks will only loan you 'book out value' for what your looking at. This is an amount they feel comfortable with should you default on the loan. It's not like you can get a loan in the amount of $10,000 for a vehicle only worth $5,000. That won't happen.

KBB is a tool used by the dealers to give you less for your trade in and convince you to pay more for the one you purchase.

KBB is not a tool any dealer I know of uses as it always shows vehicles to be worth more than actual current market value.

Its all a sham. I went to the dealer a few weeks ago and just for the heck of it I had them price my truck for trade, they offered me 10k below book value. They cited market prices and blah blah blah. I asked him if I could replace it for another used one on the lot for the same money, and of course the answer was no. They had several that were close in year and mileage priced at retail KBB, where as I was just asking low trade in KBB. Another good thing about having a smart phone, you can research anything in real time right where you are. They are thieves in my opinion. The only sure fire method of getting a decent deal is to take cash and not trade anything in.

So they 'tried you on' . Don't blame them for hoping that your stupid. Profit is not a dirty word :) (no offense and not implying you are)
Had you really been ready to make a deal and negotiated you could have and would have done better. And again no offense meant at all but why would you put a commissioned salesman thru the process if you had no intent on actually buying something ?

Customers always insist KBB is accurate and the amount it shows is what their vehicle is worth. I always tell them to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click on the tab that says 'sell now to Kelley'. With a confused look the reply is always 'there is no place that I saw where I could do that?'
My response is 'exactly, Kelley does not buy vehicles nor do they deal in vehicles nor do they have any idea what the real value of something is !'
Have you ever noticed how many ads are on KBB ? It is nothing more than a moneymaker for the owner because the name has become so popular and synonymous with car values that the owner has allowed it to become a 'business' and not a real valuator.

So they 'tried you on' . Don't blame them for hoping that your stupid. Profit is not a dirty word :) (no offense and not implying you are)
Had you really been ready to make a deal and negotiated you could have and would have done better. And again no offense meant at all but why would you put a commissioned salesman thru the process if you had no intent on actually buying something ?

If I go to browse around just to LOOK at cars and they won't leave me alone I will do that. Most are VERY bothersome around here and won't listen to even if you tell them you have no intentions of buying. I will make them work if they are not going to listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I go to browse around just to LOOK at cars and they won't leave me alone I will do that. Most are VERY bothersome around here and won't listen to even if you tell them you have no intentions of buying. I will make them work if they are not going to listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's where the 'qualification' process comes into play. Twotonevert said he had them look at his truck for trade not simply tell him what it was worth. I'll help anyone but it makes no sense for either party to participate is a transaction is not going to occur.
And yes I tell folks their cars are worth less than they actually are and yes I ask for more than I can actually sell you the new car for.
Again profit is not a dirty word so please don't blame dealers for trying to make one.

A can of beans at the grocery store does not cost what you pay so why is paying a profit to a dealer so much worse ?
The grocery and the dealers are businesses in business to make money.
Truth be told I make 'gross profit' on about 1 out of 20 people I deal with. The other 19 are well informed good negotiators who get great deals and I get a flat $100 poke in the eye :)

KBB is not a tool any dealer I know of uses as it always shows vehicles to be worth more than actual current market value.

I've had several dealers use the "let's see what KBB says about the price" when I start trying to negotiate. I know right then they are trying to screw me. I tell them if that's what I should expect to pay for the vehicle anywhere I buy it, I'll be happy to go somewhere else to get it. I don't think KBB is as generous on their trade in values as they are on their retail values.

Banks will only loan you 'book out value' for what your looking at. This is an amount they feel comfortable with should you default on the loan. It's not like you can get a loan in the amount of $10,000 for a vehicle only worth $5,000. That won't happen.

Customers always insist KBB is accurate and the amount it shows is what their vehicle is worth. I always tell them to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click on the tab that says 'sell now to Kelley'. With a confused look the reply is always 'there is no place that I saw where I could do that?'
My response is 'exactly, Kelley does not buy vehicles nor do they deal in vehicles nor do they have any idea what the real value of something is !'
Have you ever noticed how many ads are on KBB ? It is nothing more than a moneymaker for the owner because the name has become so popular and synonymous with car values that the owner has allowed it to become a 'business' and not a real valuator.

Ok so let me clarify. If the sales manager, not the saleman, would have gotten even close to book value I would have made the trade. My salesman was even like, wth? I looked him in the eye told him I didnt mind him making a profit, but it didnt all have to be from me. You say profit is not a dirty word, well it is when you lie to people! Let me go ahead get on my soap box so we can see eye to eye. If you are buying a house, and your real estate agent tells you its worth 200k, you pay that for it and find out next month its really only worth 125k. Thats ok right? Because the real estate agent made a profit from the commision. Its still lying. What made me mad was the fact that the dealer told me he couldnt sell a truck for book value. The market is not bringing book prices, even though my truck was worth it. So, I then asked him what I could buy the truck I was interested in for because the sticker on the window was higher than book value, but I only wanted to pay what the market was brining. Well no, we cant do that. Sure, give me less than wholesale and charge me more than retail. There is a reason car salesman have a bad rap and there is reason I get mad every time I need to purchase a vehicle. The reason dealers dont use NADA or KBB prices is because they no longer have the edge and customers are now informed. They cant scam you as easily as they once could. So now lets use the "black" book. Great, if and when that is made public, dealers will come up with the "Green" book or whatever.

Back