Ebay "reserve"

Kaptain Kanji

Registered
What really frosts my cookie are these "reserves" that they put on items on Ebay.
I mean, would you really call that an auction, if you'll only take a given amount
for the bike or MORE.??
Why don't you just say best offer over XXXX amount of dollars.??

???Isn't that the same thing? Only the seller has a chance to a make a little more that way.

I want my cookie frosted.

ist2_312002-cookie-with-pink-icing-and-sprinkles.jpg

You can still bid on auctions that have a reserve on them .
If seller sets a 'starting bid' than nobody can bid anything else other than that amount or more .
On auctions with a reserve folks can bid under reserve.
It may not meet reserve but at least it gets the process started . An auction that has bids on it but still has not had reserve met can often appear more desirable to others than an auction with a set 'starting bid' with zero bids . Other potential buyers may look at last bid and think it was close to reserve and bid just a bit more . This in turn can get the proverbial ball rolling and move the item.
Just a mental thing is all .

MMMMM, that cookie looks good. Fine way to treat a guy on a diet. :laugh:
I gained half a pound just LOOKING at that thing..!! :rofl:
Yeah, I suppose the auction would get more bidders if it's a reserve auction, but then again, how many people are there out there like ME, that see a reserve auction, ignore it and move on.??
I wouldn't even waste my time on one of them.
DANG, can you believe all the Busas for sale on FleaBay right now.?? ???

bleh hate those cookies. Chocolate chip? mmmmm

Yes the reserve price thing is stupid. If they only want that price they shouldnt start the auction lower than what they want for it or sell it on ebay for that matter. Ive been an heavy eBayer for about 6 years now and saved tons of money on there :thumbsup:

slightly off topic, but whatever

what frosts my cookie is that fleabay is now a mostly a commercial marketplace. They should rename to fleamall. I liked it when there were individuals selling but now that it's all companies, I'd rather by from Amazon.

rant off

Yes Panda, you are right about that. There's a few private individuals still selling on there, but not very many. Actually I've got some really good deals through Amazon lately. I think that's where I got my new rear tire recently.!!

Another thing that would be good on reserve auctions.. list WHAT the reserve is. Then I would know whether I want to fool with it or not.
I'm another that sees a "reserve", and moves along.

Back