What exactly do I have here...more info~?~

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
Biscuits anyone~?~

I am repairing a bad spot of drywall and found boxes of these containers that were left from previous home owners. This is the only one I've pulled out so far to see what it was...looks like about 6-8 more containers and I don't know what the rest of them are yet, or if they are the same.

From Google, it appears to be from the 60's and holds almost 1200 biscuits for bomb shelter use.

Can anyone fill in the blanks or have further information on them~?~

100_2229.jpg

100_2230.jpg

Yeah, looks like a pretty neat find!! Googled it and found what you did...might be from the 1960's :thumbsup:

I think they might be out of date...don't go eating 'em :laugh:

SOYLENT GREEN (not sure if the young 'uns would know about this) ???

I just noticed a date on the lid in the top picture that you can't see as well with the naked eye, looks like the pictures showed some shadows that made it stand out.

I went and took another look and sure enough, it says March 1963

Those things are worth something to collectors on Ebay i think...

Call the FBI and tell them you found Jimmy Hoffa :rofl:

Are you saying that these are inside your wall ?
Creepy !
I would pull them all out . This one is biscuits for use during a nuclear attack but if the previous owners stored food maybe they also stored MONEY ! :)
Don't assume all contain same thing . For sure pull them out and look at them . Not sure how much they would be worth to a collector but I would open them to make sure there is nothing more valuable inside .

I did locate one very similar on Ebay - 200506738366

1963 Civil Defense Survival Biscuits - 22 LB Tin

From Port Angeles WA, Salt Creek WWII Bunker!

This listing is for a 22 LB Civil Defense Survival Biscuit Tin. This tin came from the WWII Army Bunkers at Salt Creek, near Port Angeles WA. For many years, these bunkers were sealed to the public. They contained many Civil Defense Survival items like this biscuit tin, during the era when we all feared nuclear war with the Russians. The days of school drills and hiding under your desks. A great reminder of a paranoid time. Biscuits were made by Schulze and Burch Biscuit Co, Chicago, IL. There are approx. 1600 biscuits in this tin. Dated 1963-64. Note: The biscuits are not for consumption! This item is being sold as a collectible reminder of the 1960s nuclear scare era.

Call the FBI and tell them you found Jimmy Hoffa :rofl:

Are you saying that these are inside your wall ?
Creepy !
I would pull them all out . This one is biscuits for use during a nuclear attack but if the previous owners stored food maybe they also stored MONEY ! :)
Don't assume all contain same thing . For sure pull them out and look at them . Not sure how much they would be worth to a collector but I would open them to make sure there is nothing more valuable inside .

If they are still sealed, then just probably biscuits...BUT, Saiid is right, if someone would go to the effort to store emergency rations, what else might they have stored away.....I'd take the whole room down...

There's a tin/lead strip going around the top on those old cans .
They can be opened and sealed back up and look like they haven't been . The one in pic may have a million dollars in it !
What did you say your address was ?

Back