Salvage yard near me

moloko

Banned
Current Inventory/Pre-Owned Inventory from Oz Powersports

So, I was looking at these guys web site cuz they're close for some gsxr 1k forks... other random stuff. Start just clicking around...

Is it me, or do they want absolutely insane amounts of money for mangled not roadworthy salvage title motorcycles. I mean, after you get the thing fixed up for what they're asking for them, you prolly could have bought a brand new bike!

With the economy the way it is, I see these same bikes in clean title running condition for close to the price of their wrecks!! :banghead:

I guess some of them aren't so bad after looking a bit, but... wowza some of them I'm looking at like... Really??

The owner of Oz was at the track day in July... He was running in Advanced class...

I've bought some gear there... been to the store, got some GREAT deals in there.

Never really looked at the salvage stuff till now... Granted I'm no expert on what a crashed scoot should sell for... most of it just seemed really expensive to me. However I'm the patient type who will wait, look everywhere for a deal if I'm looking for a new bike.

I figured he was at that track day, I have no idea which one he is, or what he looks like, but I did see a bike in there last time I was there with just melted mangled tires on it... figured it was at the track. :thumbsup:

He (Brad) was the one lapping everyone on the advanced session. LOL He used to race...

He used to live not too far from me... I still go shoot the breeze with him every once in a while. Last year he invited me to the Dealer's show in Indy - I couldn't make it, though...

Still, a wrecked 05 Busa with 100k miles on it is not even close to being worth over 5k. It's been sitting outside for two years!?!

yeah the 05 green is kinda rediculous. i bought my 05 busa when it had 8k miles in january for 6500....???

If you've ever done any work on wrecked bikes, you'll probably attest to the fact that most of them are damaged more than they outwardly look. A lot of the damage you don't find until you start tearing into them. I think they look overpriced, but that's my two cents worth.
If I'm going to buy forks, I'll get them on Ebay or CL. I bought mine on Ebay and was extremely happy with them.!!

Likely catering to the I need a clean VIN for my bike crowd. I have seen burnt out shells of cars go for crazy prices at auctions makes you wonder.

Back