Who's Hungry, how about Spaghetti?

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone that has ever been to the house knows that one of my passions is cooking. Here is how I make spaghetti and meatballs.

First take 1lb of hamburger meat and mix with minced onion and Italian Seasonings. I dont measure anything, just go by feel and aroma. Brown in skillet, turning all sides under fairly brown.

Spagetti 001.jpg

Spagetti 003.jpg

After your meatballs are browned, fill up the pan with sauce. You want this to simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes, let all the spices mix and the sauce will have time to soak into the meatballs.

While this is going on, get your water hot and put your noodles in. Add oil, but never salt. I use a pound of noodles and usually have some left over.

Spagetti 005.jpg

Spagetti 002.jpg

Now then, your sauce and meat balls have simmered, your texas toast is ready.

For perfect noodles every time: Cook to desired consistency and then remove from heat. Drain all the water from the hot noodles and immediately rinse in cold water. This stops the cooking process and will keep the noodles firm and also keep them from sticking together.
Be sure and turn the noodles over and over to rinse them, get all the hot spots out. Now leave the noodles in the strainer and add some Light Virgin Olive oil. Return to pan.
Yes, the noodles will be cool, but if the sauce is hot, you will not notice the temperature of the noodles.

Spagetti 007.jpg

Now sit down and enjoy.

Thank you for enjoying another one of Twotone's Culinary Tips.

Spagetti 008.jpg

Also, I purchase all the items I needed from Wally World on the way home. You can feed a family of 5 very easy for less than 13.80. :beerchug:

Dont want him to marry me.
I just wanna know if he will deliver farther than 3 miles :)

I love Texas Toast :thumbsup:

Sure! I'd love some! But....what's everyone else gonna eat? :whistle:

Looks delicious James now could you make a 40 or so mile round trip and bring me a plate so I don't gave to eat out of the vending machines at work tonight!

looks delicious! just stick any leftovers (:rofl: :laugh:) in a bowl and bring it to Eureka Springs :thumbsup:

Back