Vintage VW's ... Bug-O-Rama 9/5/10

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
I had a killer 64 VW Bug when I was 16 and have continued to amire the little cars although I dont have one anymore ...

Some friends from Hawaii came to visit this Labor Day wknd and we went to the Bug-O-Rama in Scramento. Amazing to see a 10 Sec 1957 bug.
:cool:

Pat & Kelly Sept2010 030.jpg

Pat & Kelly Sept2010 034.jpg

Pat & Kelly Sept2010 007.jpg

Pat & Kelly Sept2010 011.jpg

This VW Bus is called a "21 window" I remember we had one when I was about 7 years old. They are now worth over $40K :O

Pat & Kelly Sept2010 062.jpg

Pat & Kelly Sept2010 063.jpg

I've been seeing a few cars lately where they spray clear over a rusted body, kinda diff maybe we'll see that on a Busa some day ... ? :whistle:

Pat & Kelly Sept2010 071.jpg

Pat & Kelly Sept2010 072.jpg

Pat & Kelly Sept2010 073.jpg

Pat & Kelly Sept2010 044.jpg

Pat & Kelly Sept2010 097.jpg

I've had 2 bugs, including a baja, and a bus. I always though the Ghia would make an interesting baja too. I want another bug. You can't kill them if they're well-maintained.

I had a 68 convertible. Almost killed myself in it the 3rd and last time I wrecked it. T boned a 60 something Buick that turned left in front of me. Cool little car, but after 3 wrecks I was glad it was totaled. Stuck my face in the windshield every time and the 8 track player put a hole in my right knee 3 times.

I remember being in the ER with my Mom. My bladder was about to burst I had to pee so bad. I was holding it forever till the nurse said if I didn't piss she was going to go get a catheter. Uh ok, ok give me a minute. Filled the thing to overflowing. Mom grabbed it and dumped it in the sink. She thought maybe I might have a beer or two in me for some reason.:whistle: The nurse was PISSED :laugh: Thanks Mom!

Nice Pics Kent..thanks.

My first car was a '64! Green! My second car was a '68! A few of us guys were all into the Bug. I owned 4. bought a '72 and my last one was a '73 Super beetle.
Used to be able to name the year of any Bug up till '75, which was the first year for the single tail pipe.

That old '63 with it's 6 volt system still ran 4 "Mind Blower" speakers mounted in the back seat as one big speaker compartment and a Pioneer Super Tuner w/the new fangled cassette tape deck!! You could hear me coming for blocks! Short throw shifter and rear wheel adapters to fit chevy snow/truck tires w/o fenders competed my look! That thing ran thru many a Chicago heavy snow winter! Ahh the good 'ol days! :thumbsup:

We had 2 when I was growing up - '72 and '74 Super Beetle. Have always wanted to get one and restore it. Maybe one day!

I think the first clutch vehicle I ever drove was a Bug pickup truck - I was about 13.

Ok, I'm curious.

I know what it is but does anyone else? What's the cylinder above the passenger window.... This could be fun

200734d1283922309-vintage-vws-bug-o-rama-9-5-10-pat-kelly-sept2010-007.jpg

Two VW's I'd love to own . An early '80's GTI and a Thing . I remember as a kid seeing them on dealership lots and thought they were the baddest looking rides out there(the Thing that is) .

That '56 vert belongs to my buddy Jimmy Roth from Santa Cruz. Supercharg'd 36hp motor with plenty of rare empi goodies.

Glad to see the pix of his car on this forum and thanks for sharing bunch of pics with us. :thumbsup:

200739d1283922521-vintage-vws-bug-o-rama-9-5-10-pat-kelly-sept2010-080.jpg

I started out working on VW's, I hope to get back in to them someday. I'm looking for a 50's model to start a project that I have always wanted to do with a VW.

Cool VWs!:thumbsup: Here are few pics from a car show I attended a while back here in Las Vegas to add to the thread!

IMG_0322 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_0324 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_0326 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_0327 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

My first car was a '77 Bus, which after getting running and cleaned up I traded for a '74 Super Beetle--most fun car I probably ever had. Later on I sold it for my third car a 1976 Porsche 914 (2.0 liter VW motor). Finally sold the 914 when I had our first kid. Fun times back then...all without a/c! Someday I might get another Beetle, or even a 914.

The Chico "Concours de Elegance" is the coming wknd. I'll have a bunch more pics of all kinds of cars on Sunday...

Have I been missing something???
YES!
I'd like a BUG convertible where I can ride my Busa onto/into and take it for an open air ride around the country as well as sleep roadside in it and save on motel bills.
No doubt I will be able to see such a genius of a car very soon on UTUBE!:cheerleader:

Back