Go Pro HD - Firmware updated finally

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Not sure if any of you goproHD folks were waiting on this one but they finally released the much awaited firmware update :thumbsup:

It is done - The firmware for the GoPro HD HERO is now available! The firmware will provide new features for your GoPro HD HERO including the ability to shoot upside down, One Button Mode, PAL-compatibility settings and Live Feed. Getting the firmware to the quality level that we and our customers expect from our product took longer... than we expected. We apologize for the delays. The new firmware can be accessed from GoPro Official Store: Wearable Digital Cameras for Sports
This is the only spot where the firmware can be (and should be) downloaded from.
We have instructions and a short video that will guide you in updating your GoPro HD HERO with the new firmware.
If you have problems our support team is ready - contact them via GoPro Official Store: Wearable Digital Cameras for Sports

Awesome, does that mean I can finally edit my footage without having to convert it to something other than mp4?

Awesome, does that mean I can finally edit my footage without having to convert it to something other than mp4?

Not sure on this one, probably not

I wonder if they addressed the poor audio capture in this update ?
Might have, though its not specifically called out

This was posted to Facebook (if you follow/like them) where they have lots of pics of the day contests, etc where you can win cool stuff :beerchug:

Saiid, I doubt it. The GoPro captures audio about as well as any other camera in those kinds of conditions; i've heard alot worse. You can edit down the bad sound when necessary. And no they aren't planning on changing from .mp4 format with the HD model.

Not sure on this one, probably not

Might have, though its not specifically called out

This was posted to Facebook (if you follow/like them) where they have lots of pics of the day contests, etc where you can win cool stuff :beerchug:

:banghead: Dang it.

It's mainly feature updates. Like the upside down mode and live feed to your tv or broadcast equipment.

I think the best feature is the "one button start"; it's a pain in the tail to get it to start right when skydiving because you can't take your helmet off to check it. My wife can never get it right when she does it, you had to learn to time it right and guestimate.

I think the best feature is the "one button start"; it's a pain in the tail to get it to start right when skydiving because you can't take your helmet off to check it. My wife can never get it right when she does it, you had to learn to time it right and guestimate.

For those of us that don't have good editing software UPd is the best feature. I've been wanting that ever since I got the thing almost a year ago.

For those of us that don't have good editing software UPd is the best feature. I've been wanting that ever since I got the thing almost a year ago.

I've never let mine hang upside down..where are you hanging it at?

I did mine today it was a non-issue. And I like the instant on setting A LOT.:beerchug:

Back