Moving to Camp Pendleton.. yeah!!

papi_ocho

Registered
That's right.. I did everything short of pulling my gun on somebody to be stationed on the west coast.

And I am on my way. Check in Nov..

One question for the locals... where should I live?
Location is important . So is the safety of my bike/car

Any advise or ideas would be great.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Congrats Papi. :beerchug:

Did my combat training there. Living in the dirt for a month, great fun! Oceanside is full of Marines. Ever look wee bit north or south of there will work & still keep you close to work.

Ortega Hwy is right outside your doorstep.

Ortega_5.jpg

Hwy74.JPG

Ortega_5.jpg

Hwy74.JPG

kinda depends on what unit u will be with. Going north out of the Naval weapons station there is Fallbrook (Ghetto) then a little further up is Temecula and Murrieta. We live in murrieta and i have no concerns about my bike getting stolen. Temecula is a bit more expensive but nice too. Leigh is in MALS 39 (22 area) and it takes her 1.5 hours to get to work and home from here. If you live off base, expect it to take an hour or so to get to work lol.

south is oceanside, carlsbad, escondido, vista, and san marcos. i lived in san marcos and it was nice. didnt feel as secure as temecula/murrieta and the rest of those places are less than ideal. vista isnt so bad but stay outta escondido....lol

Ortega is covered with squids and cops.

last weekend a rider died on it. full leathers.

Ill still take my east coast at lejeune! At least your not in the stumps! 63 days left here
Posted via Mobile Device

Hope you're ready for some year-round riding here in SoCal. Da Hoons will be waiting for you! I am currently with ACU-5 (LCACs) across from Edson Range (31 Area). I live in Temecula and average commute time (vanpool) is 50 minutes 1-way.

And saving the best for last....traffic is a NON-ISSUE if you're on a bike

Surv-9702-lanesplit-lg.jpg

Last edited:
look up Lamb when you get here. He'll show you Palomar mountain and Banner grade and Yaqui Pass and Old Julian Highway and Highland Valley rd. and the 76 and Ortega highway and Sunrise Highway and Cuyamaca and Japatul Valley rd. and ......Woohoo...you're gonna love it here mr.
Later
Lamb

Krom,
how long u been with the LCAC's, i was there in 94-97 and again from 01-04... love that place, i use to park my cars/bikes in the maint bays to detail on duty days...fun place to work back in the day....

Krom,
how long u been with the LCAC's, i was there in 94-97 and again from 01-04... love that place, i use to park my cars/bikes in the maint bays to detail on duty days...fun place to work back in the day....

Aloha, brah! I checked in last MAY 2009, working as IDC for Medical (HMCS Ollison was probably here in '01-'04). As you already know, the view from the backyard here is priceless :thumbsup:

look up Lamb when you get here. He'll show you Palomar mountain and Banner grade and Yaqui Pass and Old Julian Highway and Highland Valley rd. and the 76 and Ortega highway and Sunrise Highway and Cuyamaca and Japatul Valley rd. and ......Woohoo...you're gonna love it here mr.
Later
Lamb

:drool:

will be going to 1MLG. i hear they have a new building main side somewhere. i have NEVER been to pendleton. so i'm not familiar with the base's set up or how the city is around it.

i requested the stumps... apparently its full for my rank/mos

i cant wait to ride some "real" roads.. its pretty flat here and there arn't that many places to go.

i plan on going on house hunting leave early october.. riding there and back..

stoping at yuma friday, saturday, party with friends
ride to the stumps sunday-visit with my old CO at 1st Tanks
ride down thru merietta/temecula/fallbrook. check out the area then to base. get a room. if allowed get a base pass.

then sight see/house hunt/ ride ride ride tue weds. check out my unit. do some OJT with the Gy i'm replacing..
THEN party it up friday/saturday in San Diego with some old drill instructors... ride back to yuma sunday.. and back to el paso monday
starting friday oct 1st.. but it may shift up a week or two. or down a week.

unfortuantly becuase of unit/rank we are all automaticly given BAH and pushed off base..

one of the greatest perks of the job is going to be:
DRUM ROLL===> being sent TAD to local bases for 2 weeks at a time as part of an inspection team. every month or every other month for the next 3 years.. get paid to ride, travel, live, eat- PARTY- and work.

speaking of EATING... i love to eat.
any must go places around the area to get some grub? i dont drink but some bars have the best burgers.. i really enjoy out of the way places that are mom/pop owned.

i was in 1MLG(1FSSG) G6 on mainside. yeah, you are gonna want to live north. come in through the naval weapons station

Temecula has a food joint about every 10 feet. not even joking.

If you come through Murrieta, Hit me up.

will be going to 1MLG. i hear they have a new building main side somewhere. i have NEVER been to pendleton. so i'm not familiar with the base's set up or how the city is around it.

i requested the stumps... apparently its full for my rank/mos

i cant wait to ride some "real" roads.. its pretty flat here and there arn't that many places to go.

i plan on going on house hunting leave early october.. riding there and back..

stoping at yuma friday, saturday, party with friends
ride to the stumps sunday-visit with my old CO at 1st Tanks
ride down thru merietta/temecula/fallbrook. check out the area then to base. get a room. if allowed get a base pass.

then sight see/house hunt/ ride ride ride tue weds. check out my unit. do some OJT with the Gy i'm replacing..
THEN party it up friday/saturday in San Diego with some old drill instructors... ride back to yuma sunday.. and back to el paso monday
starting friday oct 1st.. but it may shift up a week or two. or down a week.

unfortuantly becuase of unit/rank we are all automaticly given BAH and pushed off base..

one of the greatest perks of the job is going to be:
DRUM ROLL===> being sent TAD to local bases for 2 weeks at a time as part of an inspection team. every month or every other month for the next 3 years.. get paid to ride, travel, live, eat- PARTY- and work.

speaking of EATING... i love to eat.
any must go places around the area to get some grub? i dont drink but some bars have the best burgers.. i really enjoy out of the way places that are mom/pop owned.

The "Carne Asada Burrito" at any of the "-bertos" is a must (Albertos, Robertos, Ad Albertos). Trust me.

Have a safe trip and thank you for your service, Marine. Semper Fi!

The "Carne Asada Burrito" at any of the "-bertos" is a must (Albertos, Robertos, Ad Albertos). Trust me.

Have a safe trip and thank you for your service, Marine. Semper Fi!

@ 1MLG he will be 6 miles from Eriberto's greasy goodness

papi, live as close to work as possible...the traffic in that corridor is wicked...weather in that area is one of the best climates on the freaking planet...it is a target rich environment if u remember the line from Cruise in Top Gun...welcome to California...and Ortega Hwy in San Juan Capistrano heads east into the costal mountains is full of curves...take it easy until u get your techniques down...and like they said...it is full of LEOs..

........and the San Gabriel mountains. Big Bear has the 18 and the 318, rim of the world and Highway 395 on the back side..........Malibu has so many canyons you cant even name them all. There is Highway 2 over the mountains overlooking downtown LA....all this within 120 miles of your new location. Its like heaven here with better weather:poke:

........and the San Gabriel mountains. Big Bear has the 18 and the 318, rim of the world and Highway 395 on the back side..........Malibu has so many canyons you cant even name them all. There is Highway 2 over the mountains overlooking downtown LA....all this within 120 miles of your new location. Its like heaven here with better weather:poke:

Thanks Lamb now you're making me want to move to San Diego. LOL! Looking forward to seeing you SoCal Hoons in October for the birthday boy's ride.

b8d11cf5-aca3-b37b.jpg

Come to realize that I may have to get rid of my baby...

I've call 10 or so ideal places to rent. And they all say the same thing NO PITBULLS.

The more I think about riding great roads, being around great people orgsters and Marines alike, coming home and not seeing my angel might out weigh all that..

Any ideas on places that "may" allow then pls pm me
Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Are you looking for apts? or a house? 90% of the places out here dont want pets period.

Back