458 socom

StromBusa

Registered
Anybody have experience with this gun?

458 RRA.gif

Designed as a hard hitting cqb caliber or for stopping vehicles as it will penetrate straight thru windshields and more importantly it will penetrate straight thru a hood at angle rather than possibly skipping off. Very expensive round to shoot .
If your considering something like that you should look into the .50 Beowulf .
Realistically though neither the .458 Socom or .50 Beowulf are more effective than a .12 gauge slug , more accurate yes, more rounds yes but again much more expensive .

like blanca said.

one cool thing it can be put on a standard lower. takes standard mags as well. just single stacks. ammo is hard to find and usually always ordered. cool weapon, but imho i would just get an ar 10 variant.

1187 loaded with slugs does me fine .
If you can't get it done with 8 of them your in twubble :)

Benelli M3 Super 90...holds 8 slugs...Ghost Ring sights. :thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

I am happy with my Benelli...dead is dead. Pump or semi auto...M3 is all I need.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's an 1187 Police model with Trijicon rifle sights on it and more police Depts and teams use Remington than Benelli so Mmmmmmyaaaah :)

You would need to possess an SOT or ClassIII manufacture license and have a request from a LEO Dept as well as stamped demo letter to possess one .
It would not be transferrable to anyone else other than same licensed individuals and if you could find one you could probably buy two busas for what it would cost you !
Now if your military and have proper request and end user certificate a new one would be fairly cheap .

You would need to possess an SOT or ClassIII manufacture license and have a request from a LEO Dept as well as stamped demo letter to possess one .
It would not be transferrable to anyone else other than same licensed individuals and if you could find one you could probably buy two busas for what it would cost you !
Now if your military and have proper request and end user certificate a new one would be fairly cheap .

Yeah, the cost sounds about right. I wonder how much gas cartridges run?:laugh:
Unless things have changed, here in VA you need what you have listed. Only real problem is that having those forms allowed your home to be searched without a warrant. Not really as shocking as it sounds, VA Game Wardens have the same authority. No warrant needed, just "probable cause". Granted, there's a fine line there, but still.

Anyone in the nation who lives in a state that allows legal classIII weapons to be possessed signs off on what you say, ATF has right to knock on your door 24/7 and demand to see weapon and stamp but it very rarely happens .
Since gun control act of 1968 I believe only one legally owned stamped machine gun has been used in a crime and it was owned by a police officer who fired it in anger during a domestic fight with wife (that comes from memory so I may be a bit off).
Many legal to own and transferable NFA weapons here:
NFA Market Board - Message Index

Anyone in the nation who lives in a state that allows legal classIII weapons to be possessed signs off on what you say, ATF has right to knock on your door 24/7 and demand to see weapon and stamp but it very rarely happens .
Since gun control act of 1968 I believe only one legally owned stamped machine gun has been used in a crime and it was owned by a police officer who fired it in anger during a domestic fight with wife (that comes from memory so I may be a bit off).
Many legal to own and transferable NFA weapons here:
NFA Market Board - Message Index

:laugh:That's priceless, Only once...and it was a cop:rofl:
But just goes to show, that strickter gun laws will just take guns away from law obiding citizens. As if guns where made illegal, criminals would no longer have them.:laugh:

GunCite - Gun Control: Machine Guns
Makes for a good read .
I was a bit off. Since 1934 only two homicides have been committed with legally owned machine guns (that we know of) and one was by a cop who killed a police informant ?
Sentenced to 18yrs in the pokie !
That's out of almost a quarter million legal select fire weapons .

Back