Gnats

Kaptain Kanji

Registered
Yes, Gnats, the stinging kind. Out here in Ohio corn country, we're loaded with them.
Every time you take a ride on your bike, the damn things come in through the air vents and sting you on the face. I just HATE when that happens.!!
Haven't found a workaround yet, guess it's just part of the riding experience..!! :-)

My helmet vents have screens in them.

If yours don't, perhaps you can pop the plastic bits out and superglue a screen to the backside, and then pop 'em back in the helmet?

My helmet vents have screens in them.

If yours don't, perhaps you can pop the plastic bits out and superglue a screen to the backside, and then pop 'em back in the helmet?

I thought all helmets had screens. Touring windshield for the Busa mabe ??? I think the bugs are seasonal and at least the Gen 1's screens you can swap it out in a minute or two

Touring windscreen.jpg

Last edited:
Got gnats here, but they don't sting (unless one gets in your eye). They come through my chin vent (no screens in my Arai) and buzz around inside sometimes. A quick, "close the eyes and pop the shield open and closed", and they're gone.

That's why I always have earbuds in even if i'm not listening to music. I have a thing about bugs getting in my ear.

Back