Places to Volunteer?

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Ive got some Vounteering to do, but im having trouble finding anything that fits my schedule. I only have time on the weekends, my work hours vary to much to be dependable during the week. I looked into the local food pantry and Meals on wheels, both are closed on the weeks, appearently people dont eat on the weekends:banghead:

So, any idea's Org-ers?

I plan on volunteering at my kids school this year. They keep sending home these volunteer slips for weekends events and ushers at church and chaperones for school events. So I figure why not.
Maybe see if some of your local schools need any help ?
pull up on the Busa and interest the next generation of Orgsters :laugh:

Often times you can volunteer at your local PD or Fire Dept, painting, cleaning patrol cars and fire trucks... You can go to a food shelter, church, school or a senior citizens center..

cap

Try out your local Humane Society. Giving the animals there some good love while cleaning/feeding them is VERY rewarding.

Great ideas guys, Ill be headin out tomorrow to look into a few of em. Wonder if hours at the police station count double? I think they should:whistle:

Find a highway. Find who adopted said highway. Bring a reflective vest. Hours of conversation, exercise, picking up trash. The local chapter I'm in does it twice a month. 4-6 hours on Saturdays. Then we grill out or picnic or bowling or something. It's pretty cool. Hours get logged for us and at the end of the year we each get a certificate from the city.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Great ideas guys, Ill be headin out tomorrow to look into a few of em. Wonder if hours at the police station count double? I think they should:whistle:

this doesn't sound promising :laugh: get caught speeding or cleaning up the violations from before you got your license?

I'm thinking same thing ?
Is this voluntary volunteering or court ordered community service ?

You could always give public tours at that insane asylum you took pics of a while back :laugh:

I had some to do some years back and ended up coaching roller hockey for the city, turned out to be pretty cool, most the kids were fresh into HS and i was 19 at the time, had a blast, ended up coaching another 3 years before i ran out of time on weekends, the other 3 years werent court ordered lol:poke:

I'm thinking same thing ?
Is this voluntary volunteering or court ordered community service ?
You could always give public tours at that insane asylum you took pics of a while back :laugh:

My busa is fast, nuff said:whistle:

I tried the salvation army today, no luck there and the animal shelter i went to was closed, gonna check the other ones tomorrow.

I had some to do some years back and ended up coaching roller hockey for the city, turned out to be pretty cool, most the kids were fresh into HS and i was 19 at the time, had a blast, ended up coaching another 3 years before i ran out of time on weekends, the other 3 years werent court ordered lol:poke:

I mention this to a guy at work that coached tball last spring, that would have been perfect, but missed that.

I see .
Guess it's not the first time you demonstrated it's ability to local law enforcement either ?

Well that's a bummer .
I just completed my judge ordered 8 hour online class for ticket I got back in April . It sucked !
You couldn't fast forward or skip ahead and every four or five minutes a question would pop up on screen that I had to answer within ninety seconds or I would have to start all over .
This way they make sure your still sitting in front of computer !
Longest 8 hours of my life for sure .

Well that's a bummer .
I just completed my judge ordered 8 hour online class for ticket I got back in April . It sucked !
You couldn't fast forward or skip ahead and every four or five minutes a question would pop up on screen that I had to answer within ninety seconds or I would have to start all over .
This way they make sure your still sitting in front of computer !
Longest 8 hours of my life for sure .

wow, you got 8 hours of class for one ticket!! :banghead:

Back