Any Winchester Collectors in the house ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Have a couple I want to get rid of. Very rare Configurations. Just not my thing and I'm trying to turn them to get another thing more my speed.

94AE Trapper Carbine 16in barrel in .44 magnum with Color Case receiver. 97%
9422 Trapper Carbine 16in barrel in .22lr 1 of 500 with Color Case receiver. 100% NIB.

Picked them up a few yrs ago and not really a Winchester guy.

WINCHESTER 94 TRAPPER 44 MAG 007.jpg

WICHESTER 9422 COLOR CASE TRAPPER 002.jpg

good lookin guns. they are goin up in price. last 22 i bought was around $450, and i think i paid almost $600 for the 44 lever gun.

tradein um out to get a 444 marlin?:laugh:

if your lookin for bigger i have a golfball cannon i'd trade ya :poke: ARRR :hijack: would make a great deck cannon :firing:

Nice!

I love wheel and lever guns! If you run across a .32 Winchester Special, please let me konw.

$750 only approx 300 ever made in that configuration . Color Case Trappers are a bit hard to find and most Trappers you see are in 30/30 not the pistol calibers .
Winchester 94AE Color Case Trapper Carbine .44 mag : Lever Action at GunBroker.com
Winchester 9422 Color Case Trapper Carbine .22 : Lever Action at GunBroker.com

dang im gonna need to get a second job....nice piece i was thinking of it for my son to use for deer hunting but maybe not since its a collectors piece

I guess I didn't ask enough as both sold within a day on Gunbroker !
The .44 I met a get at my local store and transferred it to him yesterday and the .22 sold for $1250 'buy now' within hours .

I have a .22 winchester like the one in the second picture. I still have the box and papers. What do you mean by color case receiver?

Here are pics of mine, what can you tell me about it?

A 'color case' reciever means if you look closely at pics of mine the receiver itself has different colors in it. This is acheieved by an old method of treating the receiver with bone ash and other things to give it the swirled effect. Your gun is a standard 9422 with a blue receiver.
Although it is an older one in a white box which means it was made before the sale of the company. A little more desirable but not super. Also it has the more common 20inch barrel. A 20 inch barrel is alot more common than a 16 inch barrel which gives it a 'Trapper' designation. Trappers in all calibers will always carry a premium over standard length. Given it has some marks on it and is not truly new in box my best guess is its worth 500 on a bad day and 6-750 on a good one.

Hope this helps .

Thank you sir. My grandfather gave me this gun when I was kid, I didn't take the best care of it back then. I haven't fired it in 10 years and there is some surface rust starting to form. I tried to take it off with 00 steel wool, but it didn't work.

Back