Sold the Busa and....

NickSully

Donating Member
Registered
I bought a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon:

Nick07-10-10.jpg

I had to test out the 4x4 drive within the first 24 hours of ownership or Jeep would take it back. :rulez: :laugh:

Jeep2.jpg

Jeep3.jpg

Jeep6.jpg

At the beginning of the year my lease on my truck expired so I ended up being cage-less. I was good with it until the temperatures started hitting 105+ degrees and all I had was the Busa to get me around. I ended up missing out on a lot of things because it was either too hot for me to go somewhere or I was worried about the Busa being stolen.

So I sold the bike and bought the Jeep the same day. I miss the Busa but I love having A/C again. Once it cools down a little too I'll be taking the hard top off and putting on the soft top. I also thought you could mod a Busa endlessly but I think the Jeep has even more mods. I'm looking at a 3.5" lift with some 35" tires. Also a new front bumper, winch, and rear bumper. Recovery items, etc, etc, etc.

The good news is that I should be able to save my pennies and buy a Busa in Spring again if everything goes as planned and I stay away from the Jeep mod bug. :laugh:

Cool ride, you are right there are endless parts... FWIW that is an awfully flat 4wd test. :laugh:

Just remember the bigger the tires the more gas you use. I just sold my 78 Ford F150 that had a 3 inch suspension lift and 6 inch body lift and had 38 1/2 inch Superswampers, you talk about a gas hog. Have fun with the Jeep, those things are fun.

With big tires and a lift, you are looking at less than 10 mpg!! Either way jeeps are amazing vehicles. I had a jeep rubicon before and that thing was fun!

Don't blame you, stuck in Vegas tripple-digit traffic on a bike, 'taint no fun!

Don't get carried away with the mods... I did and then hated driving my TJ. For everything you change there will be ill effects. Raise it geometry of the suspension is off bigger tires unit bearings hate you and you have less power til you regear it.

When I sold mine I had built tube fenders and cut my hood to run 37's with 2.5"'s of lift. Swapped axles and there was no end in sight.
Enjoy but don't over do it.

I had an auto locker on my 97tj.. small lift..31in tires and all kinds of other goodies. That thing was AWESOME. I wanted a bike so the ex made me sell it. Sad sad day. That was almost 5yrs ago. Not owning a jeep is like not owning a busa. They always come back.

Nice buy...
Posted via Mobile Device

i love my jeep. 86cj7 lifted & locked and geared down, 33" studded mud tires, 9500lb winch, i don't get stuck:poke: i have adventures.
i ride til the snow gets too deep, then its time to break out the jeep!

here is an old pic w/the jeep in it. i dig the orbs in it :whistle:

my camera 117.jpg

i love my jeep. 86cj7 lifted & locked and geared down, 33" studded mud tires, 9500lb winch, i don't get stuck:poke: i have adventures.
i ride til the snow gets too deep, then its time to break out the jeep!

here is an old pic w/the jeep in it. i dig the orbs in it :whistle:

That's the setup I'm hoping to have soon. Both a Jeep and a Busa. Talk about the best of both worlds. :beerchug:

Here's a few pics of my TJ we used to have.

Mounds708031.jpg

mthrsdy08032.jpg

Mounds608029.jpg

We had for several years, started out stock with NO intentions of changing that. Ha ya that worked for a while.
9-30-07FriendsattheMoundsintheMud02.jpg

This was after the first phase.

Why didn't you just put knobby tires on your Busa? That way you could have enjoyed the best of both worlds!:poke:

Back