Getting ready to order a bucket -- ?Scorpion EXO-1000?

I have one, like it a lot. Flip down sun glasses are real handy. Also, the air pump is nice for a perfect fit. Seems like it needs more air flow though.

I recommend you read this article before you settle on any particular helmet. As far as that helmet and comfort, I have a co-worker that has one. He likes it, but he says it's no Arai as far as comfort goes.

Helmet Test

Excellent read and very informative. It will really help you make an appropriate purchase decision as there are way too many bad choices out there.

I got one, there are nicer helmets out there for less money, like alot of places are blowing out rf 1000 shoei lids. The exo 1k. is a nice lid, but I wished it flowed more air, it also runs just a tad smaller than the shoei's I wear. If u can, I would try one on first.

I had a RF-1000 and I don't like that the liner does not come out for cleaning. I did try one an Ex0-1000. It fit well.

Don

I have 3 Arias, good helmets. I just hate their visor system, parts breaking and flying off. They really need a better system...........

Don, rpracing posted on the other thread an updated article on the new Snell 2010 standards. Seems Snell has answered many of the problems the older article addressed. So I would say, buy any Snell 2010 helmet. But don't buy one that is a 2005 standard. Below is a link to the new article.
snell 2010

I had a RF-1000 and I don't like that the liner does not come out for cleaning. I did try one an Ex0-1000. It fit well.

Don

Dunk it in a bathtub and wash the whole thing with shampoo. Then towel dry, and blow dry . Comes out like new. I'v done it at least a dozen times with mine.

My bike came with a Shoei RF1000 and scorpion EXO 400 i beleive.. both are XL and the Shoei fits perfect but the scorpion fits really tight.. Check the sizes.. :thumbsup:

My buddy has one (Scorpion EXO-1000) and flip-down sun glasses is the only nice feature about this particular helmet. Overall, its heavy, lacks air flow, flimsy visor, and it gets uncomfortable after long rides.

Back