anybody tired of the heat

mynewride

Registered
man im sick of the heat. its been over 100 here in ks now for some time. hell it was 102 still at 10pm. its supposed to cool down for next week, but i dont believe the weather men. it was supposed to cool down by friday but they keep pushing it back. like today it was supposed to be 96 as of yesterday and i wake up this morning and check the weather and now they say its gonna be 102. wtf. im sick of it.

i just need one nice day so i can put my baby back together. grrrr

:moon: weather

and yes i know its august

Yes,

Here in North Georgia it has been 100-102 degrees with a heat index of 105-110 degrees.

Another 4-6 weeks here and it will start coolong down, and then in January we can complain about it beeing to cold. Must be a human thing,:thumbsup:

i know right. but its been like 108, 106, 106, 108, yadda yadda for the last while. Heat index around 110+

its been silly hot. usually we get a break for some rain or something, but not this year.
however i hear rumors we are going to have a mild winter...wont matter as i have nice heated gear from gerbing.:thumbsup:

(( Weathermen ) Only job I know of you can be wrong and still get paid. ???

There good at telling you theres a Big storm coming, But then again if I look out my window I can see it coming. ???

Sorry guys, I love it. I have been riding in the heat. I hate cold weather and I hate ice and snow. I hate not being able to ride. So bring on the summer!

Right Now

Forecast:
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
Temperature:
83°F
Feels Like: 88°
Details:
Warm and humid.
Past 24-hr:
Precip: 0.24 in (est.)
Snow: 0 in
Wind:
From SSE at 9mph
Links:

* 15-min Details
* Webcam
* Video

Breakdown:

Humidity:
70%
Dew Point:
72°
Pressure:
29.85 in Steady Pressure
Visibility:
9.0 mi
UV Index:
1 - Low

Sunrise Information:
Daylight Remaining: 11 hrs 18 min
Through 3pm: Decreasing clouds with temperatures warming rapidly to 101 to 105F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.

Next 36 Hours

When:
Today
Forecast:
AM T-Showers AM T-Showers
Temperature:
106°
High
Chance of Precip:
60%

Wind:
SSW at 10 mph
Links:
Hourly:

* Details
* Overview

Details:
Breakdown:
43%
10 - Very High
Sunrise Information:
Sunrise: 6:41 am
Showers likely along with a possible rumble of thunder this morning. Becoming sunny during the afternoon hours. Very hot. Heat index near 115F. High 106F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

When:
Tonight
Forecast:
Clear Clear
Temperature:
76°
Low
Chance of Precip:
10%
Wind:
S at 8 mph
Links:
Details:
Breakdown:
64%
--
Sunset Information:
Sunset: 8:14 pm
Mainly clear skies. Humid. Low 76F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

When:
Tomorrow
Forecast:
Mostly Sunny Mostly Sunny
Temperature:
101°
High
Chance of Precip:
20%
Wind:

SE at 8 mph

whaaaaa.....:laugh:

American spoonies should be shipped to third world countries for a taste of the good life!

(no offense brother! Couldn't resist...)

Sorry if I'm less than sypathetic. Summers in Vegas are always a triple digit experience. Perforated leathers, cooling vests and tinted face shields are mandatory. Only Phoenix and the Sahara desert are hotter. And don't buy that 'but it's a dry heat' crap. 115 is hot regardless of humidity level. We don't even bother with the 'heat index' because that would be demoralizing to know it's 115 but feels like 130.

Sorry if I'm less than sypathetic. Summers in Vegas are always a triple digit experience. Perforated leathers, cooling vests and tinted face shields are mandatory. Only Phoenix and the Sahara desert are hotter. And don't buy that 'but it's a dry heat' crap. 115 is hot regardless of humidity level. We don't even bother with the 'heat index' because that would be demoralizing to know it's 115 but feels like 130.

:laugh:

+100

:thumbsup: :beerchug:

COOLING VEST +1000. It saved my tail at trackday yesterday. Just put it in my cooler and soaked it in icewater until time to go out. I would be cool on the grid and at least half of the session before it started to warm up, while others were clearly suffering. Steam would come off it when I came off the track and put it back in the cooler....

you missed the point. i dont mind riding in the heat. what i dont like is being at work in a plant that is 120+ degrees inside and coming home to work on my baby (so i can ride it) in my 100+ degree shop. i wanna ride, but work zapps the life out of me then i dont feel like standing in a hot shop to work on my baby. weather will be better tomorrow and ill get her finished up. be ready to ride in the storm on sunday...

thanks for the love jay.... lol i just want to ride. thats it. on top of it i lift weights in the heat in my shop in the evenings. i just cant seem to stay out of it. i also ride all winter when most bikes are docked in the shop waiting for warmer weather.

it sux cuz i love my new job. i can easily ride now cuz i dont have to worry about being laid off any day of the week and i dont have to worry about getting my tool bag home on the bike. so riding to work will be easier, but i just need to finish the project.

grandma is here to watch my 8 mo girl, so i may get to work on it today. yay.

Say that when it's so humid out everyday you could almost drown in it, swim through the air. It's not just hot, it's miserable. I can go outside to get the mail, and come back in so wet I look like I just stepped out of the shower. 60%+++ humidity is no joke.

I'll take that any day over snow and ice though!!

Last edited:
LOL, sweating means your alive and riding! :laugh:

Or, close to a HEAT STROKE :laugh:

Remember, if your sweating alot and stop peeing, STOP riding and START drinking WATER ! Infact, everytime you stop, drink at least a 12 oz bottle of water and alternate with Gadoraide (NOT HIGH SUGAR SPORTS DRINKS) ! And Remember your body is sweating to cool you off. So, you have a choice, either replenish your body with water or with fluids after you arrive at the HOSPITAL :whistle:

Say that when it's so humid out everyday you could almost drown in it, swim through the air. It's not just hot, it's miserable. I can go outside to get the mail, and come back in so wet I look like I just stepped out of the shower. 60%+++ humidity is no joke.

I'll take that any day over snow and ice though!!

60% humidity ? Is that all :rofl:

Try 80-90% with 100 degrees !
Walk from front door to car and your drippin !

60% humidity ? Is that all :rofl:

Try 80-90% with 100 degrees !
Walk from front door to car and your drippin !

I was just sayin that as a minimum, a huge difference from <10% :laugh:
Yeah, I've been to florida a few times, it's BRUTAL! I'll only go in the winter now.

Back