Anyone ever buy a bike without spouse knowing?

I don't mean just buying it without asking, I mean;

Buying it, Insuring it, and storing it invisibly.

Just curious.

No but I have a friend who that double life for almost 6 months :laugh: the truth did come out and it was glorious to watch :rofl:

Just tell her, she'll be even more angry about the fact that you lied about buying then the fact that you bought it. Unless you got loads of cash, seems like $10k missing may be noticed:whistle:

Better come clean now before she finds out :)

I'm curious how you ride it ?
What do you do leave in the car , drive over to the storage place and then go for a ride ?

Doesn't she smell the gas and exhaust on you from the other woman ?

Last edited:
Better come clean now before she finds out :)

I'm curious how you ride it ?
What do you do leave in the car , drive over to the storage place and then go for a ride ?

Doesn't she smell the gas and exhaust on you from the other woman ?

haha, I didn't do it nor will I do it, i like the previously stated point that it'll be easier just to be honest.

I was definitely entertaining the idea but I stopped at the detail about me and my spouse having a joint insurance deal, so any additional vehicles would be a hint.

I was wondering if anyone was extreme enough to start there own separate insurance and how the details worked out. Technically I guess it's not worth it and a divorce might be the better idea!

My wife went on vacation to Myrtle Beach. In the 7 days that she was gone, I sold my ZX-12R and bought my 'busa.. When she got back I didn't say anything. I just rolled it out the garage like it was my ZX-12R to go to work. She did a double take, shook her head and went in the house. :laugh:

haha, I didn't do it nor will I do it, i like the previously stated point that it'll be easier just to be honest.

I was definitely entertaining the idea but I stopped at the detail about me and my spouse having a joint insurance deal, so any additional vehicles would be a hint.

I was wondering if anyone was extreme enough to start there own separate insurance and how the details worked out. Technically I guess it's not worth it and a divorce might be the better idea!

Forget the drama an sneaking around an webbing the lies..

Just tell her lets go for ride introduce them and get the 2 girls acclimated to each other as soon as possible :laugh:

Be honest about it with her and if it was meant to be, she'll be cool with it... If not, there's a ton of hot chicks out there who dig guys on bikes... :thumbsup: Just sayin... :whistle:

Best of luck to you! :beerchug:

Problem with your question is you are MARRIED.

It'd be half hers anyway. :laugh:

i buy bikes all the time w/o telling the wife.:poke: but thats what i do. buy, work on, ride, collect bikes.....maybe some day i might think of selling one or 12:whistle: anybody want a few 82 goldwings?:rofl:

for most...its a bad idea, or a quick way to end up single. love, trust, shareing life together, thats marrage. never hide anything or lie to your spouse! (atleast the big stuff)

Last edited:
If your gonna buy a bike without the wife's knowledge at least up your life insurance policy! It will make her feel a little better!

I bought the Busa without the wife knowing, but I called her and told her I did it from the dealership while I was waiting for them to prep the bike for me.

it is easier to ask for forgiveness then permission...:laugh:

darnit busabret beat me to it

Last edited:
Back