Sad

Girl mistakes gun for Wii controller- shoots herself
July 8th, 2010 at 4:14pm -

A three year old Tennessee toddler, Cheyenne Alexis McKeehan, mistook a loaded gun for a Wii controller and killed herself.

Allaboutthegames.co.uk reported that the girl shot herself in the abdomen allegedly after mistaking a semi-automatic handgun for a Wii remote.
The girls stepfather, Douglas Cronberger, had left the .38 calibre weapon loaded on a table in the living room, where the toddler picked it up and shot herself. She was rushed to hospital but was pronounced dead later that night. The police are not treating it as suspicious.

Wii_Gun2.jpg

The real gun on top, and the Wii peripheral on the bottom. (Thanks to allaboutthegames.co.uk for the image)

Mr Cronberger (who owned the gun) claimed he was asleep at the time, but that the girl’s mother was in the room with her. The mother told authorities that the girl may have believed the handgun was a Wii controller resembling a gun. The stepfather claims that his family had been disturbed by a prowler earlier that night, and that was why the gun was out and loaded.

I hope he goes to jail .
It's a felony in Florida to leave a gun within a Childs reach for this very reason . Disturbed by a burglar and then what he left it on the couch right next to the Wii system ?
I hope God makes his soul burn alive for all eternity !
Fn Ahole he is . Heck I'll shoot him for free , lemme at 'em !
Gives proper gunnuts like me a bad name !

i hope he goes to jail .
It's a felony in florida to leave a gun within a childs reach for this very reason . Disturbed by a burglar and then what he left it on the couch right next to the wii system ?
I hope god makes his soul burn alive for all eternity !
Fn ahole he is . Heck i'll shoot him for free , lemme at 'em !
Gives proper gunnuts like me a bad name !

+1000

this is why there should be a test to be a parent.

He's a stepfather and may not have cared as much as he would if it was his own flesh and blood who could get hurt ? Either way he's well I can't say it .
Would rather tell him in person with a baseball bat !

sad story....He needs to be charged to the fullest.

I didnt know they had toy guns that looked like that anymore....especially for a game box.

Read this article :
http://m.torontosun.com/13164671.1

Seems the story is from March ?
He left gun on table on Saturday night never put it away .
It was Sunday night a full day later she shot herself ?
Question :
What kind of butthead is letting a 3 yr old play shooting games with a fake gun to begin with ?

This is sad i own firearms and everyone of them are locked up and have trigger locks on them ...even my 13yr old stepsons pellet rifle is locked up with a trigger lock yes i know maybe a little extreme but he is learning to be a responsible firearm owner the same way my stepfather taught me

I hope the real father gets a shot at the dumbass stepfather. And the child's mother who let the idiot in the house too....

GUN RULES:

1. NEVER have a toy in the house that resembles a gun, if you have a real gun in the house (even that's debatable).
2. NEVER have a charged automatic in the house unless it's in your hand.
3. NEVER leave a gun laying out in a child's reach.

How freakin stupid to you have to be!

I don't have any loaded revolvers in the house for that exact reason. So far, my daughter is not strong enough to actually charge an automatic, so I feel fairly safe in leaving one with a loaded clip in it fairly close by (but not certainly out in the open for my daughter to grab). Having a toy that looks like a gun is like putting crack on the table in front of a crack addict...with the same result....How tragic.

If you think you need a loaded gun at home why not keep it on you ??? Home invasion tactic is to kick the door down an run in secure. Gun not on your person won't help much.

How heart breaking and very sad. I agree, this man should be punished to the fullest extent!

I've never seen one but that toy gun for the wii sure looks real.

Can you spell STUPID..!!
It would be interesting to see if the Stepfather gets prosecuted. Probably not.!!
What a terrible shame.!!

Back