Rumor: Brett Favre Retiring

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Apparrantly he text messaged a few of his team members so says Sportcenter and said hes retiring. So obviously they are talking and analyzing it for hours on ESPN.

Do you guys think he should or should he keep going after having his best passing season ever in the 2009 Regular Season? :drama:

Yea he should have stopped while he was on top of his game..

But last year was the top of his game... Best passing year of his carreer ???

So maybe he should retire this year even if he isnt going out on a super bowl victory... But the vikings seem stacked this year... Maybe he should go for that supwer bowl victory retirement like Elway did....

Can you really quit after a season like he had tho... 107.2 rating after an average of like 86 over the previous 8 seasons...

favre.jpg

Last edited:
I doubt he'll retire. Im from minneapolis, and have been listening all day. Ryan Longwell and Brad Childress both have been in contact with him in the last 24 hours and he said nothing of retiring to either one of them

Geezzzzzzzzzzz, yesterday while eating at a Italian Rest, that's all they had on TV. ESPN must be really looking for news. Bret's my FAVORITE QB, but I couldn't care LESS if he retires or not. That's his business and whatever he does I just believe it will be the best FOR HIM :thumbsup: .

NOW for MY BUSINESS :whistle: :::: When is the FIRST PRE SEASON GAME :cheerleader:

He's just upping the $$$ they are gonna pay him to play this season....

He's just upping the $$$ they are gonna pay him to play this season....

Exactly. It looks like Mr. Cook is going to exploit the situation for some extra dough.

I like seeing him out there on the field still, and after last season, the only way I could see him really retiring is if his ankle is in really bad shape. Who in their right mind would leave $20M on the table for one more year...if they still were physically able?

Brett's my boy and all but I think it's time to hang it up. I said the same thing each time the retirement thing came up. :thumbsup:

Back