Oil fiter wrench

bobber

Registered
Someone posted about a month ago about a filter wrench at walmart for the busa. They were right . I picked up one last week ;its made by fram and and the stock/part number is F11005
It has the good multi port for the extention or wrench. The one I bought from the dealer 7 years ago was 13 bucks and he IMO gave me the wrong one; It only has a extention hole in it only in which i have to not only use a extention,Ive got to use a knuckle on the end of it and have to go thru the headers. What a pill.
Either way its only 2.99 as previously posted by another org member.
The kicker is; It [on the card board backing that its hooked too. It fits 50 other vehicles. And in my case It fits my wifes Honda fit and with both the bike and car; Its a must to utilize the wrench extender plug.

Last edited:
I gotta tell ya I bought a K&N filter this past week with the nut on the top and it made changing the oil about 100% easier... No more hard time getting into the filter to get it off......

Cap...

KN-138.jpg

KN-138.jpg

Just a heads up, on a GenI, I don't know about a GenII, the nut does not allow the filter to fit with many after market headers that sit closer to the motor.

I speak from personal experience, as I purchased three K&N filters only to have to grind the nut off to clear my HMF.

cheers
ken

Last edited:
+2 in the k&n. thats all ive used since my first oil change and its a snap to get off. i have a full yosh system, and dont have any probs at all.

Just a heads up, on a GenI, I don't know about a GenII, the nut does not allow the filter to fit with many after market headers that sit closer to the motor.

I speak from personal experience, as I purchased three K&N filters only to have to grind the nut off to clear my HMF.

cheers
ken

+1 on this.

Going from memory, but I think it is a KN-138. I have been using them for quite a while now and usually buy 5 at a time for a discounted price.

On my 08 I never take the plastics off. I use some big channel locks and go through the cut out on the right side of the bike to get it loose. I just take the fasteners out from the bottom and the one side screw out and I can get my hand in there to get the filter out. I bought a pair of filter pliers from Harbor Freight but have not tried them yet.

Someone posted about a month ago about a filter wrench at walmart for the busa. They were right . I picked up one last week ;its made by fram and and the stock/part number is F11005
It has the good multi port for the extention or wrench. The one I bought from the dealer 7 years ago was 13 bucks and he IMO gave me the wrong one; It only has a extention hole in it only in which i have to not only use a extention,Ive got to use a knuckle on the end of it and have to go thru the headers. What a pill.
Either way its only 2.99 as previously posted by another org member.
The kicker is; It [on the card board backing that its hooked too. It fits 50 other vehicles. And in my case It fits my wifes Honda fit and with both the bike and car; Its a must to utilize the wrench extender plug.

IS this for the K&N filter?

Back