BBQ Cook off Next weekend

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Just thought I would pass on a little info.

Next Sat. at Whitehorn Cove Marina ( Located in Wagoner OK. ) there is going to be a BBQ cook off, Lots of good BBQ going to be made and will need people to eat it.

It will run all day long, I believe the judging will be at 4 p.m. so Im assuming it will wind down after that.

I dont have alot of info as of now but previously for $5 you could move from cooker to cooker sampling each contestants BBQ.

There telling me its not a car show but there will be some custom cars and bikes there.

If you need directions let me know and if you want to stop by the house to get out of the heat or jump in the pool let me know, I live just outside the Marina and your welcome to stop by.

Very cool, Michael! Sounds like a good time! My kids got together and bought me a smoker/grill for Dad's Day. After a few mods (yea, I'm a tinkerer...:laugh:) this thing cooks like a champ. Been smokin' and grillin' at least every weekend since. What an excellent invite as it would be great to cool off in the pool afterwards. :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Little more info

It really starts Friday night with cooks check in, live band 5-9 and Karaoke in the bar 9 to 1 pm. Saturday food starts around 11:00 am with BBQ turn ins for teams thru 2:00 pm. Car and bike show start around 2:00 but is real informal and only a first place ribbon is given with no entry fee. It is more for the fund raiser than anything else but the BBQ will be awesome. Good time to meet the people in the park as everyone shows up for it. Live band starts at 4:00 thru 9:00 pm and then there will be a live band at the restaurant from 9 to 1 am. There will be a lot more is going on, you just have to be there.

:banghead: Seems like when there's nothing to do there's nothing to do. Then, everything happens on the same day! :banghead:

Sorry Michael...family get together in the opposite direction tomorrow. Looks like it'll be a great happening!!

Back