Deep Concealment Carry/ What would you do?

Sum Beach

Registered
Last night was a rough night at work! I work the graveyard shift at a local dept store. Well one of our fellow employee's who I found out is Bi Polar/schizophrenic, threatened a female customer to the point that she called the police on him.
He apparently started walking beside her calling her a B---h several times and told her he was "gonna cut your f----ng throat and watch you bleed b---h." This was all backed up by witness's and the high dollar audio/video survaillance system.
Well the manager just told him to go into the break room to cool down for a bit. The police got there and they could not do anything because this guy actually has this disability and its against the law for them to do anything because he did not actually 'phyisicaly attempt' to harm the lady.
He goes back to work and we lost a few loyal customers.
Talked to several people and this guy has a history of actual violence in his life but not in the store yet, only violent threats in the store.
My concern is this.
I have a Florida concealed weapons permit and was thinking of carrying a deep concealment gun while at work. However the company policy strictly prohibits this practice and I could get fired. I would like to have the opportunity to better defend myself than to be a victim to this freakkin nut job.
What would you do? Would you possibly sacrifice your job for your safety? Might be a dumb question I know, but I need some opinions please!!!!!

Get a new job if your that worried about him! Get caught with the gun and at the very least you will lose this job and possibly the gun and could get arrested.

I am a Fed so I carry all the time (or when I want too anyway) but I would consider all the factors. If you carry at work, chances are, someone will find out that you do. Give it a lot of thought.

Paul

Write a letter to the CEO and HR and demand it be put into your personnel file; tell them your concerns and that you fear for your safety. Cite specifically what happened last night.

If you carry in the store not only can you be fired but you can be arrested. If you disregard a sign or a verbal or written notice that guns are not allowed in a particular location, your legal status is that of trespasser.

touchy...yes....call the higher ups...discuss with them...dissability or not.. just like that 8yr old that got cuffed and stuffed for physicaly assulting a teacher (rights lawsuit already filed) ..yes autistic...but then....how do you handle it. ???

Are you the only one concerned about their safety? If not then all of you need to have a talk with the boss, if you are the only one than you need to consider the opinions expressed here and the possible consequences. If you get this guy fired what's to prevent him from coming back and wreaking his revenge? Tough spot, good luck.

Give it a ton of thought, and a lawyer also, just for sonsulting as each state is gonna hav a lot of laws and then none when "hero protection" issues.

And if I had to deep conceal a pistol it would probably a Glock 36, very thin and very smooth, however you can conceal a small S&W .38 in a pants pocket...Hammerless ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS :rulez:

Depends also on how quick you want to get to it,

I would also maybe recommend she take a CCP class, :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Why does it have to be a gun ?
Why not a nice size folding knife like a quality Benchmade ?
Or a can of Wasp Spray near you cuz you fear getting 'stung'
He threatens you spray his ass , comes closer gut him like a fish !

Agreed if there is written policy that say no guns your cwp means nothing cuz you voluntarily go there. They cannot restrict you from having a gun in your car on premise but can forbid you from carrying it inside.

Or unfortunately if he is protected due to disability you have not much you can do other than to avoid him at all costs.

They cannot restrict you from having a gun in your car on premise but can forbid you from carrying it inside.

Unfortunately most likely incorrect. If the parking lot is part of their private property they have domain over it and can keep you from having a weapon in their parking lot. If it's a "public-owned" parking lot, no issue.

Unfortunately most likely incorrect. If the parking lot is part of their private property they have domain over it and can keep you from having a weapon in their parking lot. If it's a "public-owned" parking lot, no issue.

Pandanin Florida passed a law last yr saying employers policy cannot restrict you from carrying in your car to the premise. Not sure about your state but it was big discussion here because many many folks have CWP and or just carry one in their car without CWP and were told or made to sign policies stating they could not have guns in their cars on premise. Legally they cannot in this state prevent you from having one in your car or on their premise. Inside the facility yes they can but again they cannot prevent you from driving to work with one and leaving it in your car. It wont do Matt much good but still it was a big problem down here.

+1, usually pertains to company premises including parking lot. I like the idea of non-lethal spray, etc. What is the company policy on a taser?

about 20 years ago, florida became the first state to pass a “shall issueâ€￾ concealed carry law, meaning a license must be issued if the requirements are met. Before 1987, counties had different rules for issuing licenses and could use discretion depending on a resident’s reason for wanting a gun.

I love Florida :)

if you feel so vulnerable at your job (risk of death) I would look for a better job.

Maybe for your own personal safety you might consider a self defense course. I kinda feel there's a middle step before having to shoot and kill someone which may be restaint.

Last edited:
Shoot him off the job site where you can carry. these people are easy to provoke so it won't take much, his violent history an mentally illness should have no problems justifying the shooting. You can only drill him once make it in the head, multiple shots could get you in trouble.

Last edited:
I live my life ignoring the fact that carrying a gun might be illegal. If I go somewhere that I dont feel safe, my gun is with me. I have thought about getting a ccw permit, but after 20 years of packing.......what the heck.

Just dont tell a sole you have it and you'll be fine.

if you feel so vulnerable at your job (risk of death) I would look for a better job.

Maybe for your own personal safety you might consider a self defense course. I kinda feel there's a middle step before having to shoot and kill someone which may be restaint.

+1. Shooting is an ultimate last defense . Most situations (99.9%) of them will not require deadly force . A strong shot to solar plexus or Adams apple will put most folks down .
Ask yourself , do you really want to live with the sight and sound of shooting another person for the rest of your life ?
At forty I can still close my eyes and hear it from when I was a child . It never leaves you !

+1. Shooting is an ultimate last defense . Most situations (99.9%) of them will not require deadly force . A strong shot to solar plexus or Adams apple will put most folks down .
Ask yourself , do you really want to live with the sight and sound of shooting another person for the rest of your life ?
At forty I can still close my eyes and hear it from when I was a child . It never leaves you !

Methinks there's a story there....

Truth of the matter is, it's your employer who has some hard thinking to do also...do they REALLY want this employee mixing with customers? Can they really afford the risk of this guy actually going postal?

Last edited:
Back