Donations are open for awhile

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I am reluctant to open the site for donations, our goal has been to operate off of advertising and over the past several years we have done just that. We have brought on some new advertisers and every so often we lose some too... The economy has been very hard on us and we are doing our best to keep things going, the cost to run the site continues to rise and we have not increased our advertising for any business since we started the banner program. We know that the advertisers are struggling just like we are....

We have been receiving a lot of PM's, emails, and trouble tickets from members wanting to know how to donate to the site. The last time that we opened donations for the site was a little over 2 years ago when we moved to the new server and to the forum software. We have some plans for new things in the months to come and I am working on getting the funds together to make it happen.

We have taken special donations for things like MC_Mustangs bike or flowers for a funeral in more recent months but nothing back to the site.

If you feel led to donate we can use the money, we have set up a few amounts that you can choose an amount that is comfortable for you.

We have configured the system to create subscriptions based off the amount that you donate. As an example if you donate 10.00 you will receive all the chnages of the donating member group for 1 year, 20.00 will get you 3 years, 30.00 = 5 years and so on....

The things that you get as a donating member are

**************************** Member *********Donating Member
Stored PM's ------------------------ 500 -------------- 1500
Number of PMs sent at once --------- 5 --------------- 15
Custom Title under name ------------ No -------------- Yes
Avatar Size ------------------------- 64 x 64 ---------- 96 x 96
Signature Font ---------------------- 5 ---------------- 7
Images you can have in signature ---- 1 ---------------- 2

You will also become a member of the donating group and you get the spinny balls under your name and you will show up in Green on the member list of online users.

I also added a new feature tonight for the existing donating members that you can see on the bottom of your PM screen that you can search PM's......

When you donate via PayPal you will see the changes made immediately.

If you choose to donate you can click the Green text labeled "Donate" on the nav bar.

Thanks folks....

cap

No longer have my Busa, but this is like my 2nd family here and always will be so I'm more than happy to help any little bit I can. :beerchug: Too many great things on this site to not want to help keep it growing.

Its not much but it should help. This site has been invaluable to me.

will do and thanks for the pm thinging...been looking for that ability lately lol

Done. As was said before, it's not much, but I appreciate the ability to be a part of such a great website.:beerchug:

Had a few bucks in my pay pal account for selling some parts to get MacFast's bike back together..perfect use for the money! :thumbsup:

Thank you for everything you've done and continue to do. Now I have the orbiting balls!!!!!! :clap:

Last edited:
Back