Miles per tank of gas?

I get about 172 city and about 200 hwy

I get about 150 when I ride to SD on the Hwy the whole time.

But I only get about 120 on average riding daily on 50/50 city and hwy.

For clarity - this is when the light comes on, I am sure I get more if I let it dip below this point, but I don't like sipping from the bottom of a tank.

When I do long distance I will ride more conservatively, But this ain't my daddy's Oldsmobile, and I tend to keep the RPM's high in the curves and on the streets.

I did not buy a 1340cc, 175hp bike just to say I have one, I bought it to ride like a 175hp 1340cc bike needs to be ridden. :laugh:

Flame away if you want, but I did not take mpg into the equation when I bought the Bus.
Bubba

Last edited by a moderator:
I do mostly highway. and my light comes on between 180 and upwards of 202 one time. And I love the fact that my sweet ass rocket ship sips gas.

I get about 150 when I ride to SD on the Hwy the whole time.

But I only get about 120 on average riding daily on 50/50 city and hwy.

For clarity - this is when the light comes on, I am sure I get more if I let it dip below this point, but I don't like sipping from the bottom of a tank.

When I do long distance I will ride more conservatively, But this ain't my daddy's Oldsmobile, and I tend to keep the RPM's high in the curves and on the streets.

I did not buy a 1340cc, 175hp bike just to say I have one, I bought it to ride like a 175hp 1340cc bike needs to be ridden. :laugh:

Flame away if you want, but I did not take mpg into the equation when I bought the Bus.
Bubba

These numbers and riding styles track perfectly with mine.

Anyone who shifts in accordance with the owner's manual needs to look at this... (and please notice that the Cow's and the Ant's parts have already been cast...)

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/playground/133092-cow-ant-cretin.html

I'd also like to point out that commas should never be used to replace the 'period' in an elipsis.

That's all I have at this time. :whistle:

Last edited:
04 busa
when I drive it like an old lady when I tryed one day as previously written to see the best mpg I drove it between ,,55-60 mph and it pegged 50 plus miles per gallon,,,But when I ride it with a mixture of plaing around ,,,between 20 and 40

Last edited:
I have an '06 LE. I usually get about 160-180 miles to a tank of gas in the city and close to 200 miles on the highway.

I average 42-43 MPG to and from work - this is a little highway and a little city.

Long trips on the back road I have gotten as high as 55 MPG.

But when playing (in the upper RPM's)as low as 30-32 MPG.

Completely Stock 08 - with 9,000 miles.

Fuel economy was not a concern when this bike was bought - But I was shocked that such a high performance machine can just sip on gas as this one can.

I ride regularly, but don't run her hard everytime I straddle her.

See my sig for ongoing fuel economy calculations. Not getting too far right now... 116 miles or so on last tank, but won't let her dip below 1/3 tank.

'08 getting 200 miles a tank. 50 mpg, but lately about 45. Been getting on it more. Basically a lower rpm rider thats lets loose once in a while.....

I Have a 08.
I don,t do the tank ****. I average 43 to 50 MPG. It does not matter how much gals to tank. I run probbally a lot more fuel and timming than most. Mine is rich from 1.2 to 4.4 And a lot more spark. But it runs so i could care less about tank ****. All i care about is how quick this thing is and how smooth it runs. I change these maps a lot, Sometimes every weekend. its finaly coming around with the new ECU Editor.

Hey since were on the fuel topic how much is left in the tank when the light comes on? I try to keep her above 1/4 tank so i've never really had it come on.

I ride both city and highway average around 31-34, never really seen more since i tend to hammer it on the open stretches:whistle:

Back