I have an offer I would like to make any Christians or Believers here.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
In Larnaca, Cyprus is our foreign office as well as home of my dad.
Also there is this church.
Church of Ayios Lazaros - Larnaca, Cyprus

It is the Church of St Lazarus or St Lazaro as Greek Orthodox followers refer to it.
Lazarus is the man Jesus rasied from the dead. Upon his rising he was shunned locally because he was a 'dead man walking' . So in an effort to find solace he fled to Larnaca, Cyprus.
Inside the church and below it is his crypt and tomb.
Next to the tomb is a spring which is reason he came to it. In the 9th century this spring had a church built around it and to commemorate St Lazarus.
The spring is fabled by Greek Orthodox Christians to give ones who drink from it everlasting life , peace and happiness.
To many from Europe and surrounding countries it is a 'Mecca' of sort and considered now to be one of the holiest places one can visit no matter the denomination.
Many travel here to wash personal items or themselves in the spring water as well as take a drink from it.
Adam and I will be in Larnaca next week for a few and we will as always make our way there. It is only 30 seconds from the local beach.
Every time I go to a service there or walk down into the tomb it is a very moving experience for me as I am in same place saints and followers have been going to for 100s of yrs.

My offer to you is anyone who would like a small wooden crucifix washed in this water for themselves or someone special in their lives please send me a PM titled 'I'll take one' along with your name and address and I will do my best to bring one back for you. Nothing in return is expected other than genuine intent on you appreciating it for what it is . Thats it.

Here are a few pics from the last time I was there.

STLAZAROSCHURCH002.jpg

STLAZAROSCHURCHANDTHESTORE807025.jpg

Inside
STLAZAROSCHURCHANDTHESTORE807019.jpg

STLAZAROSCHURCHANDTHESTORE807016.jpg

Inside the crypt itself...
STLAZAROSCHURCHANDTHESTORE807011.jpg

STLAZAROSCHURCHANDTHESTORE807010.jpg

Wife making movie and Kathy..
STLAZAROSCHURCHANDTHESTORE807014.jpg

Store where I get the Crucifixes as they are made there locally.
It is right across the street from the church.
STLAZAROSCHURCHANDTHESTORE807027.jpg

Inside the store..
STLAZAROSCHURCHANDTHESTORE807024.jpg

Thats it just let me know and may God Bless...

No money will be accepted for the cost of the cross or postage.
It is just a simple small handmade cross that costs like a buck and the postage is only a stamp.
I am just offering now so I can get a list going of how many to get.
Upon our return they will be sent out to you.
If your uncomfortable giving home address a PO box or work address or anything your fine with is ok.

To accept anything will negate the gift .

Last edited:
We will be there thru the 21st of June so anyone who responds up to about the 14th should be good.
I plan on making several trips to the church for service and just to visit and ask for a few things...:laugh:

That is an amazing offer, thank you so much for thinking of your oRg "family" I will PM my mothers address later this evening I am sure she would really appreciate this. Also Willie seems to have lost a cross that was very important to him, I know this wouldn't "replace" that but I am sure its something he would hold very dear.

Cool man anything to keep those bad vibes away :thumbsup:

Wayne got your PM. No bad vibes here I hope ? I live every day to its fullest trying to help others be as happy as me .
My name in Arabic actually means 'happy' and I always am.

That is an amazing offer, thank you so much for thinking of your oRg "family" I will PM my mothers address later this evening I am sure she would really appreciate this. Also Willie seems to have lost a cross that was very important to him, I know this wouldn't "replace" that but I am sure its something he would hold very dear.

Send me Moms address as well as address to Hospital and room number.
I will get Willie something special. The one he lost was it one he wore ?

A very kind and generous offer. I hope to one day make that trip myself! Enjoy the time with the family!

Blanca, I am very touched by the thought in you doing this--- I pray for a special blessing for you and your family-- I pray to God for your safe journey and safety while there and in your return home. One of the most genuine efforts to witness and show Christs love---I'm moved brother:thumbsup: PM sent....

Thank you Saiid. That is something that I would never have the opportunity or even thought about having. And to think the opportunity came on a motorcycle forum. Go figure! See Doug. This is a good place YOU give us to meet and hang out.

Back