Fastest Production Motorcycle

det45

Registered
Can anyone tell me which production motorcycle is the fastest to date and where does the Hayabusa rank?

& has remained the title holder for 11 years the BUSA but the 186 MPH limiter on all bikes :laugh:

Actually the year the ZX14 was released it took the crown for the year.

Since then I don't know of a true line-up of the two side by side, bone stock, best of series to actually determine the new/incumbent king. I would say they are as close to being equal as two very dissimilar models could be.

what do you mean by DISSIMILAR??

Power curve is pretty different between the two. Aerodynamics are different. Displacement is different. Motors are different (stroke, bore, and compression ratio). Torque is different. Acceleration is different. These are fundamental aspects that push each machine down the road or track and they simply aren't the same.

Yes, a lot of these things look very similar on paper but in practice the combination of these subtle differences make them dissimilar when competing (read: actually ripping the throttle) for top spot at the track.

Maybe "dissimilar" is too strong of a word to describe those subtle yet "huge" set of differences between the two.

Would you settle for just "different"? :beerchug:

Actually the year the ZX14 was released it took the crown for the year.

Since then I don't know of a true line-up of the two side by side, bone stock, best of series to actually determine the new/incumbent king. I would say they are as close to being equal as two very dissimilar models could be.

I would have to diasgree for 2 reason I have drag raced both bike bone stock the Busa's 1999 & 2008 beat the ZX14 on both accounts same rider stock bikes. Not by much but still the Busa took the win. Here is a few articles

Suzuki Hayabusa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What do you mean by fastest. Top Speed, 0 to ? , Drag Racing Speed times or track times. All are different and different bikes hold the fastest in different classes of riding :whistle:

Top End, I think the Busa is still KING :cheerleader:

Busa Baby :cheerleader: besides the busa took it back the very next year now this S1000RR IDK does it have a speed limiter as it is not a Jap bike???

MTT Turbine Superbike Y2K 227 mph (365 km/h)

MTT Turbine Superbike, also known as Y2K Turbine Superbike, is the world's second wheel driven motorcycle powered by a turbine engine, created by Ted McIntyre of Marine Turbine Technologies Inc. Powered by a Rolls Royce Allison 250 series turboshaft engine, producing 238kW (320hp), this motorcycle has a recorded top speed of 227 mph (365 km/h), with a price tag of US$150,000. It is recognized by Guinness World Records as the "Most powerful production motorcycle" and the "Most expensive production motorcycle".Unlike other contemporary motorcycles(such as the Hayabusa), 2001 and later models of MTT Turbine SUPERBIKE do not have the 300 km/h speed limit self-imposed by Japanese manufacturers.
TurbineBike.jpg

http://www.motorcyclingblog.com/article/the-fastest-production-motorcycles-in-the-world

Next to this the Busa is the SECOND fastest production motorcycle.

Last edited:
what about that bike with the viper engine??..do people consider that an actual "production" bike or just a one off fantasy bike somebody dreamed up and produced for the h377 of it?..

caus i believe i heard from someone who heard from someone that was the fastest bike rollin 'round.

:rofl:

BUSA still holds the title for FASTEST (top speed) PRODUCTION BIKE... :super:

Quickest and fastest are two different things... :poke:

Kawi still claims the ZX14 as the most powerful bike to.....which everyone knows that isn't true....

what about that bike with the viper engine??..do people consider that an actual "production" bike or just a one off fantasy bike somebody dreamed up and produced for the h377 of it?..

caus i believe i heard from someone who heard from someone that was the fastest bike rollin 'round.

to my knowledge they never sold a complete bike, it was liking some driveline components.

Back