Fine tuning the GoPro mounts

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
I was a bit dissapointed with all the shaking I was getting in the GoPro videos. Going back over them, I found that while the quick connects are a good idea, the implementation leaves a bit to be desired. The loose tollerances in the quick connects allow the camera to wobble around. My solution was to glue the connects together and make them one piece. I have to screw/unscrew the bolt to mount/remove the camera now, but the jitters are gone.

Same section of road clipped together then glued together.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is much better. Were you using the little orange thingy that came with the gopro in the first part of the vid?

gopro.jpg

That is much better. Were you using the little orange thingy that came with the gopro in the first part of the vid?

I was not when I shot the video. It prevents the clip from being able to release itself, but it soesn't stop the rocking front to back. Put the case on the mount and watch how much play there is when you wiggle it.

I just mounted mind to my windshield and have not had any trouble. I just used the suction cup deal that came with it. I have to tether off my black berry for the net now so i cant load any vid's yet. Maybe after i get them loaded on my macbook i can find somewhere with hi speed and do it that way. Glad you got yours fixed anyway. I will now know what to do if i start having trouble. Thanks

So THAT's what that orange thingy is for! THANK YOU for posting that I've been wondering!

So THAT's what that orange thingy is for! THANK YOU for posting that I've been wondering!

LOL, I have been wondering the same thing. :rofl: I broke the black plastic clasp on the camera case today. I emailed Gopro, I hope I can get a new one.

LOL, I have been wondering the same thing. :rofl: I broke the black plastic clasp on the camera case today. I emailed Gopro, I hope I can get a new one.

yeah dude they sent me 3. and a new battery (old one was just fine) all for free

I just mounted mind to my windshield and have not had any trouble. I just used the suction cup deal that came with it. I have to tether off my black berry for the net now so i cant load any vid's yet. Maybe after i get them loaded on my macbook i can find somewhere with hi speed and do it that way. Glad you got yours fixed anyway. I will now know what to do if i start having trouble. Thanks

for me, suction cup + windscreen = shake like hell.

Back