Ryobi Power Tool Batteries?

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
I've got a set of Ryobi power tools. The NiCad batteries went dead 2 years ago, so I bought one of those new Lithium Ion ONE batteries; supposed to be no memory. It lasted about a year (ran REALLY GOOD for about a year) and now the charger (had to also buy another charger when I bought the new-type battery) shows it's fully charged in about 2 minutes, and the battery lasts about 30 seconds and it's toast.

Kinda tics me off. Ordered TWO more batteries today (from HD at $89 each!) because my tools are still in good condition.

Anyone else face this? Comments?

My father-in-law and I have the same ones. He has had his for a couple years and then he bought me a set for Christmas last year. Probably because I kept using his. They have all worked flawlessly. Mine are only a few months old, but his have been used and abused for a couple years and no problems. I never looked at the warranty info. I'm sure you have checked into that. Most warranties are good for a year or two.

I dumped my Ryobi tools years ago and went with DeWalt. Now I'm dumping them, they have really cheaped out. I'm switching everything to Hilti. I need it to work. Tried a few Milwaukee tools and some are good, but they are owned by Ryobi as of 2 years ago...

Back