Hi my name is Chris and I'm addicted to...

NCBusa2001

Registered
I have a confession I am freaking addicted to army and marine surplus.

SERIOUSLY addicted. Seems like every spare dollar (and those that aren't so "spare") to buying stuff I "might" use one day, but probably won't.

As a nurse I have worked in the substance abuse field most of my working career. I can attest that some people don't spend as much on crack as I spend on surplus.

If it has a label that says, blackhawk, eagle, pelican, or surefire I probably have TWO, LOL. :rofl:

Anyone else,.....anyone?

Chris

nope...unfortunately any spare funds I have go to my Daughter, my bloodsucking divorce lawyer, and my Busa....pretty much in that order.

Sounds like you're prepared for the "big event" should it happen though :whistle:

:laugh:

I have the same problem. did however start to downsize the collection recently since I'm non-deployable for the next few years.

no addiction but have my own surplus store in my basement. My wife and I are both active duty army and after several deployments each...well..there are 9 full boxes (the contico black boxes) of uniforms/gear/stuff/knives..blah, blah....we have 13 camelbacks. I've only bought 1 of them. I have 7 different gerber multi-tools...and we each have 15 sets of ACU's and 7 pairs of boots....yeah, its bad.

Best military surplus purchases.

550 cord and the modular sleeping bag.
If you don't have one of these sleeping bags, you need to make it your next purchase. We rucked up and slept outside in 10-15 degree weather. Woke up @ 0600 sweating my ass off. I still remember like it was yesterday how cold it was when I got out of the bag to put my uniform on.
I have two of these sleep systems for camping.

US Military Modular Sleep System Gortex ECWS: 4 Parts - eBay (item 150427473744 end time Apr-24-10 19:17:02 PDT)

If you ever get down to Texas, check out the pawn shops in Killeen. (Outside of Fort Hood.) They'll have 20 of anything you could want. Found those sleeping systems for $75.00 each. One of them had a .22 pistol for $75.00

For example I picked this up yesterday:

A blackhawk "dynamic entry" kit with pack. What in the world would I need a $200 crowbar, a $150 hammer, and a glorified $220 wire cutter.

Now the Pelican Case I can use for my "travel gun".

Blackhawk Kit retails for about $600, Big Lots price $100.

Pelican Case retail $259, K-Mart price $50.

Ballistic Lab padded rolling travel locker retails $450, Wal-mart price $40.

Just a sampling of the loot, LOL.

Chris

Blackhawk Breach.jpg

Pelican 1495-2.jpg

Pelican 1495.jpg

Best military surplus purchases.

550 cord and the modular sleeping bag.
If you don't have one of these sleeping bags, you need to make it your next purchase. We rucked up and slept outside in 10-15 degree weather. Woke up @ 0600 sweating my ass off. I still remember like it was yesterday how cold it was when I got out of the bag to put my uniform on.
I have two of these sleep systems for camping.

US Military Modular Sleep System Gortex ECWS: 4 Parts - eBay (item 150427473744 end time Apr-24-10 19:17:02 PDT)

If you ever get down to Texas, check out the pawn shops in Killeen. (Outside of Fort Hood.) They'll have 20 of anything you could want. Found those sleeping systems for $75.00 each. One of them had a .22 pistol for $75.00

Got to love the sleep system. Got em for the whole family (few woodlands, a digital and a gen 3 with the screen hood).

For my travel bob, I used the goretex US Gen3 bivy, a british SAS gortex outer (what the brits use as their outer bivy), and a snugpak merlin for the actual bag. It packs extremely small and has two breathable waterproof membranes. My "hybrid" sleep system, if you will.

Great stuff.

For example I picked this up yesterday:

A blackhawk "dynamic entry" kit with pack. What in the world would I need a $200 crowbar, a $150 hammer, and a glorified $220 wire cutter.

Now the Pelican Case I can use for my "travel gun".

Blackhawk Kit retails for about $600, Big Lots price $100.

Pelican Case retail $259, K-Mart price $50.

Ballistic Lab padded rolling travel locker retails $450, Wal-mart price $40.

Just a sampling of the loot, LOL.

Chris

wire cutters?They look like mini bolt cutters prob least thru a small chain.

Repelling gear and rope. I don't know why, but I love rope.:thumbsup:

Yep, The going rate currently is $50 for 150'bluewater dynamic rope, deployment bag and 25 beaners. Brand new crap.

I think the army throws away stuff just to keep the contract suppliers going.

Chris

I haven't gone this far, but I do have lots of canned food, a decent amount of guns with lots of ammo for each, and a few MRE's.

Back