Ironic Quote of the day!

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
President Obama

"They've got to start playing by a new set of rules that treats everybody honestly and treats everybody fairly," he said. "The days of the insurance industry running roughshod over the American people are over."

So it looks like there is a new bully in town, telling everyone what they have to do, make changes they want, the majority of the country doesn't want this... I guess we had enough of the corporate leaders running roughshod over us, now we have the organized and effecient goverment to do it....

I don't think this is the change everyone was hoping for....

CAp

Well to be honest Captain I kind it pretty funny that ANY politician can say the words Honest and Fair. None of them are either of those things.

For how long now has everyone been saying they hate two things in life ..... lawyers & Insurance Company's....ok and taxes :laugh:

Now that the guy is doing his best to get the majority of Americans under some sort of health coverage....and I understand there is a lot of opposition to his reform and whats in it..... but since when did we start siding w/ the corporate insurance companies ???

He's correct in saying they are the BULLIES!

Last edited:
President Obama

So it looks like there is a new bully in town, telling everyone what they have to do, make changes they want, the majority of the country doesn't want this... I guess we had enough of the corporate leaders running roughshod over us, now we have the organized and effecient goverment to do it....

CAp

The majority of the country doensn't want this? 32% says it goes to far, 35% says it doesn't go far enough, 22% says about right. Unfortanetly for most polls, they add the 35% which says it doesn't go far enough to the 32% who says they dont like it.

You call it a bully when your not in the majority, but call it the greatest thing since sliced break when you are. You know, those bullies that told us it was ok to wire tap, to send our soldiers into an illegal war, trying to make changes to our tourture laws... ect.

Its amazing how easily everyone forgets.

Change - how a bout United States of America Bankrupt. I'm part of the "greatist generation" of spenders. My kid is 4. Not sure what America will mean to him when he becomes a man.

President Obama

CAp

Thats it, the world is gonna end.
Its all over...
Has to be..
Even Captain is starting political threads... :cry:

GUNS AND GOLD WILL SOON BE THE ONLY THINGS OF VALUE !

Change - how a bout United States of America Bankrupt. I'm part of the "greatist generation" of spenders. My kid is 4. Not sure what America will mean to him when he becomes a man.

Before you just start posting what you hear on the TV and radio, do some research about which party spends what, and then also do some research about how the current administration added in the Iraq, and afghan war to the budget where the previous administration left it out on purpose. Also do some research on this current recession. If people aren't working, there aren’t any taxes coming in which leads to a deficit. You could also read about the tax cuts from the previous administration and how they weren't paid for.

Thats just a start. This way your comments could have some facts, or statistics and hold a bit more water, rather then just opinion.

I believe every citizen of the US should have some type of health care, whether it's from their employer's health care plan or some type of government provided or subsidized care, depending on an individuals circumstance. I just don't know how it can, will, or should be paid for.

Does anyone have a good, clear, concise link to a non-partisan site that sheds some light on how this will be paid for? I really don't care to hear any party aligned blah blah.

I believe every citizen of the US should have some type of health care, whether it's from their employer's health care plan or some type of government provided or subsidized care, depending on an individuals circumstance. I just don't know how it can, will, or should be paid for.

Does anyone have a good, clear, concise link to a non-partisan site that sheds some light on how this will be paid for? I really don't care to hear any party aligned blah blah.

:bowdown:

:thumbsup:

I believe this is the thought of most Americans. Unfortunately political siding has over run the big picture.

That and the fact that the Ins Companies are lining the pockets of so many of the decision makers :banghead:

I wonder if the CBO posts the scoring of bills somewhere online. If they do, I wonder if it would be broken down to show how they determined what would pay what.

Does everyone know what happens around DEC 2012??? The WORLD is going to end when Obama gets elected 4 more years.... Then Pelosi... :poke::laugh:

I personally don't mind healthcare reform..................Just not by the US Government. Can anyone Tell me what organization Managed by the Government that is Efficient ?

So what makes you think they can Handle Healthcare ?

I wonder if the CBO posts the scoring of bills somewhere online. If they do, I wonder if it would be broken down to show how they determined what would pay what.

The following is a footnote to a CBO report issued on the budget proposal by the Obama administration. There is a lot of stuff to read on the CBO site.

2. The President’s budget does not contain details regarding the President’s proposal to expand health insurance coverage and make other changes to the health care system. Instead, the budget contains a placeholder calculated as the average of the effects estimated by CBO and JCT for the House passed bill and legislation similar to the Senate-passed bill. The Administration extrapolated those estimates for an additional year, through 2020. CBO has incorporated that placeholder in this analysis. The placeholder does not include the effects of four provisions contained in those bills
that the Administration shows separately in the budget.

The majority of the country doensn't want this? 32% says it goes to far, 35% says it doesn't go far enough, 22% says about right. Unfortanetly for most polls, they add the 35% which says it doesn't go far enough to the 32% who says they dont like it.

You call it a bully when your not in the majority, but call it the greatest thing since sliced break when you are. You know, those bullies that told us it was ok to wire tap, to send our soldiers into an illegal war, trying to make changes to our tourture laws... ect.

Its amazing how easily everyone forgets.

+1, agreed

What I would like to know what type of system they are gonna use to determine who gets what amount of health car coverage? I don't think I should have to pay for someones health coverage that doesn't want to work or that is here illlegally. I'm sorry if I sound like a prick here, but money is already tight and with this new bill it's just gonna get worse.

What I would like to know what type of system they are gonna use to determine who gets what amount of health car coverage? I don't think I should have to pay for someones health coverage that doesn't want to work or that is here illlegally. I'm sorry if I sound like a prick here, but money is already tight and with this new bill it's just gonna get worse.

Newsflash....you already pay welfare for a lot of people that don't want to work, why not just add to the pile? :laugh:

Before anyone goes all postal, I realize there are those on welfare that actually need and appreciate the help, but there's a whole lot of purging that could be done due to so many that work the system so they don't have to go out and find a job. It's why the word LAZY is in Websters. :whistle: Until ALL elected officials are subject to the same healthcare and retirement plans as the rest of us...... (tongue biting)

Back