GUN Stuff: Yongest son's first time shooting (pics).

NCBusa2001

Registered
Thought I would share. My wife bought our 3 year old a rifle for Christmas and today was his first time trying it out.

He had a great time and wants to do it again.

Enjoy the pics.

Chris

Nick shooting.jpg

Nick shooting 2.jpg

Nick shooting 3.jpg

Nick target.jpg

Nick AR.jpg

God I miss ranges like that !
Nada like that here in Florida .

Great stuff teachin them early .
Set a jug of water up and let him shoot it so he gets an idea of the power of things as well.
May I ask where y'alls eye protection is ? :poke:
Semi autos are famous for spitting things in every direction !

ps.....are you really gonna try and make me believe it was THE WIFE who bought the rifle.....there Dad...???

ps.....are you really gonna try and make me believe it was THE WIFE who bought the rifle.....there Dad...???

Seriously. Kim and I talked about it briefly before Christmas but that was the extent of it. Then she goes and buys it.

Got to love a southern woman, lol. Those on the board who have met my lovely wife know, she is 5 foot of fiesty country girl.

May I ask where y'alls eye protection is ? :poke:
Semi autos are famous for spitting things in every direction !

Yep, multiple pairs were tucked away neatly in the range bad. :whistle:

The M&P was set up with a CMMG 22lr bolt. I figured jumping to 556 might have scared him from developing an interest in shooting. :moderator:

Chris

Eye protection please .
Don't want to read any threads about Jr puttin his eye out .

Is that a Cricket or Chipmunk he's got and has he named it yet?
Looks like it fits him well .
Prob I have here is they are all indoor ranges an nobody under 16 is allowed on range !

One of our local ranges has a 22 shoot for kids once a month. I took my 8 year old daughter to it a couple of weekends ago. She got 1st place in the Novice class...its based on how many hits they had on target.
The next time we go she is going to take her own rifle, the one she used was too heavy for her.

PIC_0013.jpg

she is 5 foot of fiesty country girl.

5' if she's standin on the phone book... and not that local one, the big one from RDU :laugh:

seriously thats great, is that an actual range or just your back yard one? I'd love to set up some floating targets here but figure one of the liberal neighbors would pooh on the idea....though some skeet shooting could be fun off the cliffs :whistle:

What part of the arsenal are you bringing down with you... something fun :please:

Chris those are some great pictures man! You can feel the smile on his face & how excited he was to be shootin' w/ his Daddy.
The one below is priceless :thumbsup:

Nick AR.jpg

Def 'dead eye in training'

20yrs from now we'll be seeing him on the military channel doing an episode of Ultimate Sniper...:thumbsup:

What part of the arsenal are you bringing down with you... something fun :please:

The current Badest Azz pistol on the market. It has hands down the most "evil" factor points of any pistol in my inventory. :)

GOT SIG? (yup :whistle:)

See ya in a couple weeks my brother!

Chris

One of our local ranges has a 22 shoot for kids once a month. I took my 8 year old daughter to it a couple of weekends ago. She got 1st place in the Novice class...its based on how many hits they had on target.
The next time we go she is going to take her own rifle, the one she used was too heavy for her.

That is awesome. :thumbsup: Females and firearms, a good equalizer for the fairer sex. That should keep the boys at arms length, LOL.

That is the way to go. Start them early and they will be able to keep themselves and their friends safe down the line also. My nephew is 7 now and has been going to the range with us for almost 2 years. Has had his own 22 since christmas. It was pretty funny watching him open it at his last birthday party and seeing the look on some of the other parents faces.

Back