Pork Rinds - the perfect food?

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
So growing up in the south, pork was just part of the way things go :laugh:

I've come to think though that pork rinds are nutritionally a pretty good food. No carbs/sugar, low in fat, good taste (personal preference obviously), high in protein and cheap to buy or make.

For example, the 7-11 brand hot & spicy rinds
1.25OZ
12g of fat
40mg of cholesterol
700mg of sodium (mostly from the seasoning)
0g of carbohydrates/sugars
20g of protein (that's like eating a steak :cheerleader:)

Could also be I've been trying to loose some weight and cutting down on the crap/carbs I've been chowing. Down 22lbs in the past month, hmm... snack foods are good :lol:

Anyone else have any nifty snacky treats they enjoy munching on that are at least semi nutritious and not loaded with sugars/complex carbohydrates?

oh yeah I should say that nifty bag-o-goodness costs a whopping $0.79 (almost $1 with the NY tax raping :banghead: )

surprised you can find them in ny. i asked for them a couple times and just got ???

if you ever make it southern louisiana get some fresh pork cracklins. :bowdown:

beef jerky is my snack, if you get just about anything beside teh sweet or asian flavors theyre low carb.

there is a cuban place in cary nc that my buddy took me to, the place has been like 12 different things over the years but this place is great and they actually have "grown up pork rinds" as my buddy says. Still has meat on them .... :drool:

there is a cuban place in cary nc that my buddy took me to, the place has been like 12 different things over the years but this place is great and they actually have "grown up pork rinds" as my buddy says. Still has meat on them .... :drool:

basically what the cracklins are i refer'd too.

cracklins.JPG

I use pork rinds and beef jerky as my diet food as well. Mingua Brothers hot jerky out of Paris, KY. 99% fat free! Delicious!

I love me some good ole pork rinds!

This is gonna sound crazy but I use them in my meatloaf recipe instead of bread crumbs.:thumbsup:

hey Dawn, wanna bring me some of those grown up pork rind cracklin things to the bash :whistle: :bowdown:

My wifes family (cubans) gets the country style ribs chunked up with just a bit of skin on them.
Soaked in Mojo and deep fried for a spell.......mmmmmmmm
They come out fanger lickin' gud !

Basically like afterhours said 'chicharones'

This Redneck Likes Slim Jims and Grape Nehi !

Back