Son left for the Navy

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Well, the day I have been dreading and excited about finally came today. Alex left for the Navy today. I know it will be a geat experience for him. (I did 10 yrs in the AF) However, when I got home from dropping him off at the recruiters....two Busa's in the garage, and now only one rider. It is a bitter sweet feeling for sure. He and I have been riding now for six years. It is going to be quite a while before we will again. I should stop rambling....

Keep talking bro, we are listening. Congrats and thank you very much for his enlistment. :bowdown:

I know how hard it was for my dad to drop me off at the recruiters before i left... and i know a lot of others on here can relate so feel free to ramble we are here for you bro!

Congrats to both of you, Charlie. Going nuclear will set him up for a great job when he gets out. Like James said, feel free to ramble away. We're always listening.

Oh, and in case you want to get one of those busas out, Kevin and I are riding in the morning.

My online family counseling; thanks guys.

We started him riding on this:

1991CT-70.jpg

Been a few years since then for sure. He gets the title to the second 08 Busa I bought as soon as he graduates basic.

IMG_4876.jpg

Thanks for the ride offer, but I am back at the grindstone tomorrow. Been off a couple days with Alex.

The tape covers a wire for my dogs invisible fence. I had a Honda Magna that my mutt took a bite out of the seat on. NONE of that for the Busa's.

i know it's hard watching them leave to start their own lives but i'm sure he will do great...tell him thanks for his service :beerchug:

Maybe the dog just doesn't like cruisers ?
For what he has already done your son is a hero in Adam and I's book

What a selfless act to leave a busa home and volunteer to serve and protect us !
Thank you for raising him to be the best he can .

I'll be looking for the Navys newest carrier commander on CNN .

Congrats and thanks to him for his services. Just think when you both are able to ride together again how special it will be. It is like that for me and my brother. He was Navy, retired now, and I am Army, so when ever we can ride together makes it that much better.

As a dad, I feel your pain. I know my parents were very anxious when I signed up years ago.
However, as an ex RAN Marine Technician I am very excited for your son. Joining the Navy changed my life in the best possible way, I got my head down and worked hard. Now I have a great job, I can provide well for my family and at the end of the day I am very proud that I was able to serve my country.
The only thing I was disappointed about was that we didn't have an aircraft carrier :laugh:

My prayers and best wishes for you, family and Alex. I have been in the Navy for 22 years now and have not stopped counting m blessings. If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever, please do not hesitate to ask me or any of the past/present Sailors here. :thumbsup:

Back