Recommended reading ………….Classics of Horror

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
I have started doing a little more reading again, and want to share a book that I am highly enjoying right now.

It is called “Classics of Horrorâ€￾.

It is the original writings of Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley,
The strange case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, by Robert Louis Stevenson,
and Bram Stoker’s Dracula.

I know at first you may think What the Heck, but these are written in the language of the 1800’s and is quite different then what you may think. I personally have never read these works and always took the story as it was told or perceived on TV.

The old English is polite and proper. It takes a little getting used to at first, but I really enjoyed Robert Louis Stevenson – Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, written in 1886.

The story of Dr. Jekyll is much different than the TV version and could even apply to modern times and the duality of man and the abuse of substance. The writings of the times often are social comments and can be read in contemporary settings.
I strongly suggest these as reading material.
Thanks for the ear,
Bubba

Oh, Classics of Horror...I know that one...

It's a heartwarming tale of blood and guts and otherwise peaceful European townspeople gone very, very wrong.

It starts off on a stormy night in the little sleepy Austrian burb of...well, you know...

Last edited by a moderator:

It's a heartwarming tale of blood and guts and otherwise peaceful European townspeople gone very, very wrong.

It starts off on a stormy night in the little sleepy Austrian burb of...well, you know...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

But that was A YOUNG version, :laugh:

I am so keeeeeling you now

Last edited by a moderator:
Dracula was the last book I actually enjoyed. I've read crime and punishment and just got bored, and attempted heart of darkness and failed in the first few pages.

BTW "Old English" is older than the 1800's - it's way back around 400-1100AD, I don't think we'd really understand most of it! :laugh:

Thanks for the recommendation Bubba. Never read the other two but I thoroughly enjoyed Bram Stoker’s Dracula :agree:

The last classic I read was North West passage I really enjoyed It . The language really makes the book.

It starts off on a stormy night in the little sleepy Austrian burb of...well, you know.

That was a fave of my boys and mine. Every time we would hear a horse whinnie one of us would hase to say Frau Brokker. Wasn't Chloris Leachman a miss america at one time?

Back