Is $240 shipped a good price for Go-Pro HD ?

I notice on these the ability to record can with a high storage card outlast battery time .
Can you plug in external power from say a 12 volt plug on bike if you wanted to record for ten hours ?

Cool .
I'd like to do an uncut 3-4 hour or longer video .
Forget about it and edit best parts later ?

Cool .
I'd like to do an uncut 3-4 hour or longer video .
Forget about it and edit best parts later ?

That's how I like to run as well. Capture everything at the time and edit later. Editing while riding isn't the best thing to be doing.

You can buy additional batteries for it for $20 a piece. The batteries will last a tank. You just need to change the batteries at the fuel stops.

Last edited:
if you change batteries the recording is not continuos though correct .
obv it loses power when you change batts ?

if you change batteries the recording is not continuos though correct .
obv it loses power when you change batts ?

True. If you are talking about recording other than a ride, you may need to be continuous. However, a minute break in the recording for a battery change while stopped at gas pump isn't going make a difference in the final product. Up until a year or so ago, you'd be changing out media more often than that.

I notice on these the ability to record can with a high storage card outlast battery time .
Can you plug in external power from say a 12 volt plug on bike if you wanted to record for ten hours ?

They take up to a 32gb card but it does not come with a card at all. Pashnit sells every thing you need but the cards. He will match internet prices just not ebay. Look around a bit, I did and got mine through him. :beerchug: I bought my card from Gopro because at the time they had the best price online but I was at Fry's Electronics the other day and they were $20 less. :banghead: This is the same card that gopro sells. FRYS.com*|*Kingston Digital
You can plug the camera into a cigarette lighter or hard wire an adapter to the battery so that you can record off external power but there is a small problem with that. The waterproof housing does not have a hole in it for the power wire to pass through so you will have to drill one. The housing is no longer waterproof at that point. For that reason I now have three batteries. Once they start selling the housings separate I think I might get one.

Last edited:
So I'm confused.
It doesnt come with a mem card, ok.
But when you install one yourself it doesnt fit in case and case has to be modded to make it work ?

So I'm confused.
But when you install one yourself it doesnt fit in case and case has to be modded to make it work ?

You take the camera out of the case, insert the memory card, then put the camera back into the case.

DSCI0215.jpg

DSCI0216.jpg

DSCI0217.jpg

DSCI0218.jpg

Here is something you can do for longer battery life:

note that the camera can record with the usb cable plugged in and charging.

you can mod the case to allow you to plug in a usb cable while the camera is on the bike. And route the cable to your bike's battery. your camera's battery is now out of the picture.

So I'm confused.

Sorry about that. I just edited my post so even I can figure out what I was saying. :rofl: theskaz has it right. :beerchug:

Just so you know. Today I took it out on the boat and got just about 2 hours 45 mins out of one battery.

Last edited:
Back