I need your opinions on choosing a bed!!

PADEROLIS

Registered
I have been always seemed comfortable sleeping on my couch, but have recently found it may be a factor in my irregular sleep patterns. I was also told that the fact that I lay on the couch at bedtime and watch TV is definately playing a role and I'm waking up pretty sore these days (old bones)!:laugh: So what are your opions on comfortable beds, any particular material or even brand? I already know I would need at least a king size. Thanks for any advice!!

Love my Sealy! Those sheep are the bomb! :). Depending on if you like a firmer or softer bed you need to look between pillowtops for a "lay down and sink to sleep feel" and non-pillowtops for a firmer feel. I can't remember the model I have off-hand but it takes some really deep pocket sheets to fit correctly which is another consideration when choosing a matress. My matress alone is about 19" thick.
Posted via Mobile Device

Love my Sealy! Those sheep are the bomb! :). Depending on if you like a firmer or softer bed you need to look between pillowtops for a "lay down and sink to sleep feel" and non-pillowtops for a firmer feel. I can't remember the model I have off-hand but it takes some really deep pocket sheets to fit correctly which is another consideration when choosing a matress. My matress alone is about 19" thick.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for your input!!!:thumbsup:

I have an Omaha Bedding Company matress.... Sleeps like a dream....

Its a berkshire hathaway company, and the matresses are only sold in very select stores..

Nebraska Furniture Mart is one for instance..

Far as i know, the matresses are still made by hand to this day...

just my .02

We just got a Denver Mattress, Richmond I think. Get something with memory foam. You will love it.

I like our pillow top.
I sink right in.
MMMMMM

+1 on the sheets though.
Need sheets made for pillow top mattresses.
Also increase the height of your bed if you get a pillow top.
May make it diff for kids or dogs to get up or down ?

So far it sounds like memory foam or pillow top is the way to go; thanks for the helpful advise everyone!!:thumbsup::bowdown:

So far it sounds like memory foam or pillow top is the way to go; thanks for the helpful advise everyone!!:thumbsup::bowdown:

I don't know if you really need a king bed. If you're use to sleeping on a couch I'm sure a twin bed will feel like a mansion. :laugh:

I have a king size pillow top and don't really like the softness of it. It was great at first but I think my next bed will have a firmer feel to it. :beerchug:

You can get a frim pillow top.
I just like it for the padding.
A regular mattress just doesnt feel right anymore.

I would like to hear from anyone who has tried one of those foam memory ones.
The top of the line ones not just a piece of foam but like you see the comm for with the woman jumping up and down with no spill of the wine ?

I have an Omaha Bedding Company matress.... Sleeps like a dream....

Its a berkshire hathaway company, and the matresses are only sold in very select stores..

Nebraska Furniture Mart is one for instance..

Far as i know, the matresses are still made by hand to this day...

just my .02

I bought one too about 6 months ago. Great bed. And the price was right. I laid on beds costing up to $3000, and I kept going back the the Omaha bedding co firm pillowtop. $650.:thumbsup:

I swear by my Sterling Sleep Systems soft sided waterbed. It's a pillowtop on a 4" water bladder and it is the most comfortable bed I have found to date. They are not cheap but worth every penny in my book.

BTW, if you put flannel sheets on it you may never want to get out!

I bought one too about 6 months ago. Great bed. And the price was right. I laid on beds costing up to $3000, and I kept going back the the Omaha bedding co firm pillowtop. $650.:thumbsup:

INDEED! I was in the same spot more or less, i tried everything from sealys top of the line, the full memory foam bed, etc...

Ended up with the Omaha Bedding Co... cant recall the specs, but as you mentioned the price was amazing compared, i think mine was more than $650 iirc(king size) but all the same, it wasnt MUCH more than that either... plus costs for frame and boxspring ...

I just like a very firm, no pillow top.

Back