Obamacare is unconstitutional

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
I got this in an email today. The snopes link works. While still only opinion, makes a good arguement:

Subject: Constitutional Lawyer Evaluates Obamacare Bill

I don't know where you stand on healthcare or what party you are affiliated with, but each individual needs to know what's out there and how our freedoms are being taken away from us!
Read on....

Subject: Snopes says this is correctly attributed
snopes.com: Michael Connelly on the Constitutionality of Health Care Reform

A retired Constitutional lawyer has read the entire proposed health care bill. Read his conclusions and pass this on as you wish.
This is stunning!

The Truth About the Health Care Bills - Michael Connelly, Ret.
Constitutional Attorney

Well, I have done it! I have read the entire text of proposed House Bill 3200: The Affordable Health Care Choices Act of 2009. I studied it with particular emphasis from my area of expertise, constitutional law.
I was frankly concerned that parts of the proposed law that were being discussed might be unconstitutional.
What I found was far worse than what I had heard or expected.

To begin with, much of what has been said about the law and its
implications is in fact true, despite what the Democrats and the
media are saying. The law does provide for rationing of health
care, particularly where senior citizens and other classes of citizens are involved, free health care for illegal immigrants, free abortion services, and probably forced participation in abortions by members of the medical profession.

The Bill will also eventually force private insurance companies out of business, and put everyone into a government run system. All decisions about personal health care will ultimately be made by federal bureaucrats, and most of them will not be health care professionals.
Hospital admissions, payments to physicians, and allocations of necessary medical devices will be strictly controlled by the government.

However, as scary as all of that is, it just scratches the surface.
In fact, I have concluded that this legislation really has no intention of providing affordable health care choices. Instead it is a convenient cover for the most massive transfer of power to the Executive Branch of government that has ever occurred, or even been contemplated If this law or a similar one is adopted, major portions of the Constitution of the United States will effectively have been destroyed.

The first thing to go will be the masterfully crafted balance of power between the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of the U.S. Government. The Congress will be transferring to the Obama Administration authority in a number of different areas over the lives of the American people, and the businesses they own.

The irony is that the Congress doesn't have any authority to legislate in most of those areas to begin with! I defy anyone to read the text of the U.S. Constitution and find any authority granted to the members of Congress to regulate health care.

This legislation also provides for access, by the appointees of the Obama administration, of all of your personal healthcare direct violation of the specific provisions of the 4th Amendment to the Constitution information, your personal financial information, and the information of your employer, physician, and hospital. All of this is a protecting against unreasonable searches and seizures.
You can also forget about the right to privacy. That will have been legislated into oblivion regardless of what the 3rd and 4th Amendments may provide.

If you decide not to have healthcare insurance, or if you have private insurance that is not deemed acceptable to the Health Choices Administrator appointed by Obama, there will be a tax imposed on you. It is called a tax instead of a fine because of the intent to avoid application of the due process clause of the 5th Amendment. However , that doesn't work because since there is nothing in the law that allows you to contest or appeal the imposition of the tax, it is definitely depriving someone of property without the due process of law.

So, there are three of those pesky amendments that the far left
hate so much, out the original ten in the Bill of Rights, that are effectively nullified by this law It doesn't stop there though.

The 9th Amendment that provides: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people;

The 10th Amendment states: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are preserved to the States respectively, or to the people. Under the provisions of this piece of Congressional handiwork neither the people nor the states are going to have any rights or powers at all in many areas that once were theirs to control.

I could write many more pages about this legislation, but I think you get the idea. This is not about health care; it is about seizing power and limiting rights. Article 6 of the Constitution requires the members of both houses of Congress to "be bound by oath or affirmation to support the Constitution." If I was a member of Congress I would not be able to vote for this legislation or anything like it, without feeling I was violating that sacred oath or
affirmation. If I voted for it anyway, I would hope the American people would hold me accountable.

For those who might doubt the nature of this threat, I suggest they consult the source, the US Constitution, and Bill of Rights.
There you can see exactly what we are about to have taken from us.

Michael Connelly
Retired attorney,
Constitutional Law Instructor
Carrollton , Texas

AFTER HAVING READ THIS, PLEASE FORWARD....

If you don't care about our constitution, or your rights under it, just do nothing.

WE MUST HOLD CONGRESS ACCOUNTABLE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.

Lost me at "despite what the Democrats and media are saying". Republicans are quick to ignore the constitutionality of an issue when it suits them also. Anyone remember the "Patriot" Act?
This guy may well in fact be correct about the constitutionality of this issue, but phrasing it in this manner which implies that the liberals are the only ones guilty of ignoring the legality of legislation is off putting. They are all crooked and must be held accountable.

"The bill will eventually put private insurance companies out of business". Boy, we should be so lucky....insurance companies profit on denying care to their customers. It's amazing how some take to the streets to support corporations and their greed. Why do some people support issues clearly against their own best interests?

This is simply an opinion, of a guy that has an obvious bias....

if the biggest argument against "NAtional Healthcare" is a privacy issue, you are clearly missing the big picture.

"The bill will eventually put private insurance companies out of business". Boy, we should be so lucky....insurance companies profit on denying care to their customers. It's amazing how some take to the streets to support corporations and their greed. Why do some people support issues clearly against their own best interests?

Tell me about it, I had Blue Shield for 12 years and I am stuck with $68,000 worth of " I'm sorry, that isn't covered" crap. I hope they all go out of business. And I know some of you above posters are Libs, but the Obama way is the wrong way. And I'm not just talking about healthcare. Can't wait until November, then we can make this criminal a lame duck and send him back to his crime laden Chicago where he belongs, with all of the other criminal democrat pinheads. Maybe he and Nancy Pelosi, the dumbest criminal, can share a room together and Michelle Obama can go back to writing her "I hate Whitey" term papers.

For the flamers..........http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8642.html

Last edited:
The Ministry of truth will convince you their Doublespeak is gospel.
Big Brother is already here.
Prepare for a New World order whos future involves only one currency.
It will be a cashless system and all those caught with paper money will be deemed to be trafficking in illegal activity as they will have all convinced we do not need cash but a simple electronic scan card similar to your debit.
It will never leave your pocket.
You will simply pass thru and it will auto tabulate in seconds no matter what store your in.

1984 is upon us.
A Brave New World is coming...

This administration IS anarchy.............They by-pass any law they can to further their agenda. Soon, it will be over.

i dont really feel nationalized healthcare is the best interest for us, me, you, or anyone really, the small percentage that may benefit isnt justified by the masses that will be harmed by it.

every person i know in healthcare is against it.

my wife works for a government run facility and its system is horrible. the gov cant provide the right healthcare for our vets or elderly.

ive talked to some canadians and all the ones ive talked to say "socialized medicine is the worst thing that can happen to your country".

i just dont see any good out of it.

ive also known people that have gotten worked by the private sector but if the gov, "the most poorly run business ever", runs our healthcare i believe well all be SOL.

This administration IS anarchy.............They by-pass any law they can to further their agenda. Soon, it will be over.

cant say i agree with that. doesnt every administration push their agenda? isnt that how they even get elected is by having an agenda?

Lost me at "despite what the Democrats and media are saying". Republicans are quick to ignore the constitutionality of an issue when it suits them also. Anyone remember the "Patriot" Act?
This guy may well in fact be correct about the constitutionality of this issue, but phrasing it in this manner which implies that the liberals are the only ones guilty of ignoring the legality of legislation is off putting. They are all crooked and must be held accountable.

I don't see any Republicans voting for the Health Care bill.....so technically, that part of the author's statement appears to be fact...

Interesting factcheck link.

Not to poke at you direct but does this not sound exactly like same sentiment regarding previous administration ?
Where is all the hope and change he was supposed to bring ?
1 and 1/2yrs and he is already relagated to same %s as GWB ?

I ask his supporters to please point out his benefit to us as of yet.
In a serious way.
what has he done that he can brag about ?

Please dont come back with 'well he inhereited a mess' cuz that snoball has been buildung for decades.

Look you Obama haters, during the campaign, Barack promised to end the war in Iraq during his first year of presidency and he did that. Well maybe not exactly. He DID send an extra 30,000 troops to Afghanistan - OK so he didn't accomplish what he said he would there...

BUT, he did enact healthcare in 2009 like he promised. OK, well, maybe not exactly there either...

BUT he DID promise you can choose your own doctor with Obamacare and , Oh crap! Anyone who's read the plan has seen that's not gonna happen either.

OK, so he accomplished nothing of the sort that he was selling America on during the campaign. So what?

Anyway, he DID get an award! Amazingly it was an award for stuff he didn't accomplish. LOL

Anyone here thinking McCain-Palin wasn't such a bad idea after all?

It tuff for me to read someone else's opionion of something that i have not read myself. But I do not plan on reading the 2,800 bill so I don't know what to do

What did Obama do? Well he reinstated SChip so many children will, once again get medical care. He signed a law allowing guns to be possessed in National Parks (NRA was silent). He quadrupled the drone offensive where Al Quiada REALLY IS, Northwestern Pakistan (which required great diplomacy with Pakistani Govt.). He did a TROOP SURGE in Afghanistan as supported by the General Staff(but if a Dem did it, it must be wrong and stupid). Via the stimulus bill, he sustained the jobs of thousands of police officers, fire fighters and teachers all over the country. He SUPPORTED the new GI Bill....and Mccain DID NOT.
You know what, never mind, believe whatever you want, nobody's changing anyone's minds here, I'm gonna go figure out how to make my motorcycle better. Raydog

Things Obama did...

Ended the war in Iraq by starting the pull out and putting a date on the withdrawl...

Gave Iraqi's had their first SUCCESSFULL elections in Iraq, where more people showed up to vote than Americans could ever hope to pull off in any of their elections, with 60% of citizens at the polls...

Reinstated the Freedom of Information requests. Bush had shut down all freedom of information requests using a policy of always denying all requests... Obama switched that to the policy of openess, and a policy of approving almost all requests...

Reinstated our freedom of press for war coverage, Bush had shut down the presses ability to cover war casualties as the "images of the dead were unpopular"...obama once again allowed those images to be photographed...

Increased Funding to Financial Aid for College Students for the first time in years, increasing the ability for disadvantaged people to go to school.... including increased Pell Grants, and a larger tax credit to families to offset costs...

He is also in the process of adjusting student loans which will save the govt billions in costs as well as reducing the costs of those loans to students....

Got congress activly moving on health care reform for the first time in a decade...

Started the first white house communications program in decades so people could be aware of what was going on at the white house... including online Q&A sessions, blogs, and various other media...

Reinstated the funded Urban Recovery Anti-gang act that was cut by Bush, which is expected to dramatically lower inner city crime..

Put under fedral protection thousands of acres of forest land, the largest land conservation effort in over 15 years...

John McCain's own economic advisor Mark Zandi has admitted that "...In my view, without the stimulus, G.D.P would still be negative and unemployment would be firmly over 11 percent."

Ended the Policy of Don't Ask Don't Tell

Changed our militaristic guns first view on foreign policy and for the first time in a decade plus engaged in a dialogue with various countries..

Single handedly shifted Americas global image from that of the evil empire, to a country of hope and change....

Froze the salaries of the white house staff...

Signed an executive order Banning Torture and inhumane treatment of prisoners...

Signed an executive order that restored a 30-day time frame for former presidents to review records before they are released. It also eliminated the right for the vice president or family members of former presidents to do the reviews...

Signed an executive order that requires that appointees sign forms saying that they were not hired because of political affiliations or contributions...

Released the interrogation memos of the Bush/Cheyney debacle...

Signed an order banning gifts from lobbyists and banning anyone from working in an agency they had lobbied in previous years.

Lifted a ban on giving federal money to international groups that perform abortions or provide abortion information...

Thaat said.... He's deffinatly had his share of Flops too...

Not making the health care debate public.. BIG NO NO

Not putting enough emphasis on tort reform in the health care bill, allowing states to attempt to get special privlages, etc....

He's deffinatly come up short....

but all the same, the dudes done more in his first 1 year and 3 months than most presidents do in 8 years...

So i am going to at least give him his 4 years before i make the call...

Look you Obama haters, during the campaign, Barack promised to end the war in Iraq during his first year of presidency and he did that. Well maybe not exactly. He DID send an extra 30,000 troops to Afghanistan - OK so he didn't accomplish what he said he would there...

BUT, he did enact healthcare in 2009 like he promised. OK, well, maybe not exactly there either...

BUT he DID promise you can choose your own doctor with Obamacare and , Oh crap! Anyone who's read the plan has seen that's not gonna happen either.

OK, so he accomplished nothing of the sort that he was selling America on during the campaign. So what?

Anyway, he DID get an award! Amazingly it was an award for stuff he didn't accomplish. LOL

Anyone here thinking McCain-Palin wasn't such a bad idea after all?

Mc Cain is a wimp and should go home.........

Raydog all good points.
Things I knew but when put together it makes them more apparent. :thumbsup:

I would agree with him on all things you mention except for the troop surge in Afg.
Not because we do or dont need to but simpy because it is almost 100% the opp of what he ran on.

I really am open on both sides as far as politics goes these days.
lying cheating talking heads who dont care about us anymore.

I would be very interested to see what the USA would have been like had we listened to Ross Perot and elected him ?
A truly wierd and now seems prophetic little man he was.

'You pass Nafta your gonna hear a giant sucking sound that will be american jobs going overseas'

Just look at pie chart 13 right here...you see !

I think he may have strangely been truman like in his methods and done good ?
Maybe ?
Y'all can all laugh now...

Back