Got A New Computer..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Finally!
Posted a thread a while back titled "my computer is a doddering old fool", and it was. 256mb of RAM, Windows XP, got it in 2002, was starting to get pretty frustrating. Then I got the new GoProHD, and couldn't even upload a video from it, that was the last straw.
New Compaq (made by Hewlett Packard:dunno:), 3GB DDR3 RAM, Windows 7, AMD Athelon II dual core processer, Nvidia graphics card (can't remember which one exactly, 256mb available for it, which is what the GoProHD is said to require).
The real computer knowledgable here are probably choking on their coffee laughing, but it's like going from a 50cc scooter to a Busa for me.:thumbsup:
Now maybe I can get on with my videos for the season.
And I did splurge just a little. Had a useable 18.5" wide screen monitor, but.. They had a 24" LCD, 1080P, wide screen ASUS, for $250, couldn't resist.
Anyway, thought I'd brag a little. Hopefully the weather will cooperate soon and I can have some new spring ride vids up soon.:thumbsup:

Good luck with the compaq. Hope you got the good warrenty! :laugh:

Yeah I got the 2 year extended Best Buy "in house". If it lasts that long, it'll last the few more years until it too is a "doddering old fool":laugh:
It's an HP with the Compaq name on the case, got nearly perfect user ratings, should be alright.

Back