Who's got a "scratched up" Busa?

stepaukob

Registered
Mine has scratches all over the side fairings. A couple were there when I bought it, it tipped over on me twice, and someone knocked it over in my parking lot without telling me.

Anyway, I only see pics of those with immaculate paint jobs and tons of chrome. Let's see some stockers that have seen physical abuse. I don't know about anyone else but I still love my bike even though she's not "pretty".

I just recently covered up a lot of my scratches with "wrap" but otherwise, she's used and abused (but mechanically maintained).

As much as I would to post this pic. again, look at the bottom of the fairing ad you will see the bullet hole decal's covering up the grind mark's from the curb I nailed coming home one night near the house. You can't see it but the bolt hole in the center of the fairing it almost ripped out.I don't have pic's of where my brother dropped it on the other side in the garage.

busa in driveway.jpg

Last edited:
I think any bike that is ridden will show signs of wear, you just have to look for them. Mike04busa looks perfect in the pic above, but he said there is damage to the fairing...dosent show in the pics.

A year ago, mine leaned against the corner of my toolbox in the back of the van and put a 5" scrape in the fender. I touched it up with some leftover paint I had from the helmet job. Noboby ever notices it, but it bothers me because I know its there....so much that I just bought a mint copper fender on ebay to swap it out.

Theres also a dent in the tank that bothers me...just happends to be a perfect imprint of Gary Brown's (NY Giants) knee. Currently on the lookout for a copper/silver tank.

So I guess theres a bunch of scraped up bikes here, you just have to know where to look.

Michael e004.jpg

607 Car Shogfw 057.jpg

gn.jpg

4t444terer.jpg

ohhh we have plenty of well riden bikes here...its dissapointing when you get a scratch or two...but in the long run.. new plastics versus knowing its there...plus if anyone looks at you and gives you crap cause you dont have a perfect bike..either 1...dont ride...2 very spincter..or 3...just hateing lol

This is the wrap I used, it came out ok, at least from a distance.

I was thinking of the possibly spraying over the "wrap" with truck bed liner spray. Not sure if it would stick but it would give it a "tough" look.

101_1073.jpg

Yeah, I've got some scratches up by the upper and lower fairings. They were there when I bought her. Guys tried to cram too many bikes in one trailer and scatched them up a bit. But, the way I look at it, it doesn't affect the way she runs. I'll get it fixed eventually. Sorry, don't have any close ups of it.

Mine has scratches from falling over in my driveway. Nobody sees them but I know they are there. If you ride it there are gona be marks somewhere.

I lowsided my Busa about 1.5 years ago, but replaced the right fairing and handlebar end to make her look "pretty" again. Of course, there are still telltale signs of use and that crash in the form of scratches, dings from rocks being kicked up, my R6 exhaust scraping the upper cowl, a shovel tipping over and denting the tank, my dog getting too close to the fairings with his bone, etc...

My bike was wrecked at 130 mph at the track the first time, got painted. Got knocked over early last year, then got dumped again at the strip and slid about 100 feet to finish the job the knockover started. Body is in primer now, ready to be painted and abused some more this year. It's just plastic.......
No pics of her looking rashed up, but will have some new ones posted up soon.

That sucks. I got a couple of scratches on mine to but I figured why go through the hastle of re painting and put on new decals if I may do it again. See I am short, busa is big sometimes not a good combo. He's still my baby though

not mine but dang...

hayabusa.jpg

Looks like something from the Road Warrior or Mad Max movie :laugh:

Mine has scratches all over it an major faults in the paint where it isn't scratched from some of the worst prep work a body shop could do. Never going back to him either. When the paint was fresh i noticed the little chips an nicks on the front fender from rocks. Bothered me for a while then I just clean it as best as I can ride it. The faster you go the harder it is to notice any scratches :laugh: The most important thing is for it to run sides no matter how many scratches it has it could always be worse I am glad of the condition it's in those scratches look pretty insignificant when I remember how it used to look.

mybusa3.jpg

mybusa.jpg

mybusa5.jpg

mybusa7.jpg

I just bought all new OEM bodywork last fall. Im NOT lookin forward to my 2nd scratch, my first warranted a new side fairing

Dropped rolling down a ramp + I purchased the bike scratches on same side. I priced a new right side at two prices for about $500..

DSC01022_640x360.jpg

Scratches on the panels from going down a farm road with 3 foot trenches.

Lots of dings on the grab bar from bungee hooks.

Busa scratches.jpg

Misty has her fair share of scratches and even a dent.

Not going to point them out because for the most part you have to look pretty close for them, But their there.

Cant ride a Bike without something happening.

Back