Average age?

Ketchmi

Registered
One of my shop boys (30 years old) seems to think I am too old for a Busa, I am turning 47 this month. I feel that I am of the age to use all the power without being stupid with it, in fact I want more! I hadn't been on a good streetbike for quite a few years up until last year when I bought my Triumph D1200 and I am hooked again.

My question being...what is the average age of Busa owners? I tried searching and found nothing.

This all started when I called him a kid for wearing "wheelie shoes" to the shop. Of course, this is the same "kid" that was always "eagle talon" this and "WRX" that until I took him for a ride in a real Porsche and literally scared him enough that he wanted out right then and to walk back to the shop. He's way too scared to get on either of my bikes...kids these days.

I will be 34 on Friday. I have had all kinds of "toys" since I was fifteen. dirt bikes, quads, etc.. I still have them and think (hope) I always will. Idon't think there is any age limits on them. Well, to a certain point I guess. It has more to do with desire and brains than age. My .02.:rulez:

Many 50's and 60's riders on a Busa. It is how you feel on the bike.

Ketchmi;2347301 Of course said:
tell him he can call you "old" when he stops wetting the bed. get a busa. i ride with a 60 year old dude named monte who rides a ZX-14R. age becomes irrelevant when the visor goes down.

so about rides in the porsche...

oh, i'm 25 and married, kid on the way. busa's not going anywhere :thumbsup:

Wheelie shoes at a shop, 30 years old?

Sounds to me like his opinion doesn't count. :laugh:

I'm 27, I look to learn from older riders, not tell them how to ride.

Had my 06 two and a half years, turned 40 in January. Like was said, if I had same bike/equivalent in my twenties, I wouldn't be writing this post. Or maybe I'd be writing from wheelchair. Maturity rules!
Posted via Mobile Device

you know guys, I dont think it has been officially determined, but I do believe I am the youngest Busa owner on the site...

19 here... I bought it almost right after turning 18 though...

I'll be 70 March 14. Curious: anyone here older? That's me red shirt, not little one.:laugh:

trio (Small).jpg

We are like a fine wine,.............we get better with age!! Hands down........I'm a much better rider than I was 25 years ago. (mentally and physically!) Where I might have used muscle to ride it before,......I use my brain now! Technique is learned,......not born within!! :beerchug:

BTW,........I'm 45 years young!!:thumbsup:

Back