Check billing statements very carefully

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
I've had Earthlink DSL for a few years now and it auto-deducts from my bank account so I don't worry too much about it. With the move coming up it was time to find the contact info and get ready to call them.

As I'm reading through the emailed bill I realize they are charging me $3.95 per month for Norton Antivirus, something I never requested, never downloaded and definitely do not have installed.

I got the live-chat with India and requested it be removed and I be credited the charges they made without my permission. They say they can only credit one month. Ha, not worth it. I'll file a formal complaint with corporate Monday during office hours and try to resolve this.

I asked them to cancel it immediately and get told I'll get a confirmation email within 2 weeks. Huh? This is an INTERNET company. 2 weeks? that's an eternity to me in my internet-based reality.

Earthlink isn't going to be moving with me. Their loss.

Lesson learned. Check every bill you get every month, even if it's auto-deducted.

I too learned my lesson the hard way when having things automatically withdrawn. Credit card company was sometimes taking double payments out.

Back