Why Do I Choose To Share Some Of My Personal Life On The Org?..This Is Why!...

Takeuon

Registered
Sorry in advance if this is a ‘lil long winded but those of you that read it all… are the ones it is intended for.
As I approach 5000 posts I felt I wanted to convey how much the org and the friends I have made on here mean to me. Yeah…1st & foremost this is a motorcycle forum, but anyone who has spent time here knows it is something much more!

As some of you are aware I am finishing up going thru an ugly divorce & child custody battle. Many of you responded w/ your show of support & some personally PM’d me telling me to keep my head up that it will get better. And indeed I am beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
My upcoming move to St. Louis to be closer to my Daughter took an unexpected blow this week when the Devil herself (:madfire:)….ooops I mean my ex wife so kindly informed me she may only be staying in St. Louis for another 8-10 months and then she wants to move to Ft. Lauderdale, FL!! *WTF!!* By the way...I don't think she ever had the intention or the courtesy to inform me herself until I asked her what her what long term plans might be. And she knows how hard this move is for me financially & mentally. What blew me away was how I felt about my inability to truly do anything to stop or affect her decision :unhappy:
It dawned on me that after the many thousands of dollars I’ve invested in my lawyer to “fight” this battle, that she still has free range over where my Daughter can & will live. And for those of you that are Fathers you understand why I MUST follow. Even if it means uprooting yet again…however the thought of having to find another job and another place to live in less than a year makes me nauseous.
For now I will stick to my plan I made prior to the New Year and just try to roll w/ the punches. St. Louis here I come!

Believe it or not I received PM’s from individuals asking me why I post up so much of my personal information? “Isn’t that something to be kept amongst yourself and your family?” "Maybe this is something you should keep off the main forum" That is when I deleted their PM’s and thought …they may have a point. But then I said to myself, while my immediate family is my backbone, I invest an extraordinary amount of time to the org…therefore I view you all as a family to some extent as well. My relationship w/ my Mother & Father is a good one, but they pretty much keep to themselves when this topic arises and figure I will do what I need to do as a man & a Father.
With you all I get a vocal support system that is honest and helps guide me. I want to thank you for that!

As my 1st year as a member here quickly approaches in April, I have tried to do my best when responding to member’s threads and posts. And while I have occasionally responded w/ only a smiley emoticon here & there… I usually do what I can to be as engaged and helpful as possible. If I have said anything hurtful or derogatory to anyone in a post I apologize…my Irish sailor mouth tends to get away from me at times :whistle::laugh:

A few members I want to personally thank for their friendship, support, and personal help w/ Ripley.

Captain (Doug) for allowing us to be a part of his crew and continuing to steer the ship in the proper direction.

Loomis (John) my Raleigh riding buddy

Sleeper_Red (Jesse) couldn’t have done it w/out you

Bubba (Bubba) my internet pen pal… I keel you now

Blanca Busa (Saiid) fellow org addict & Latin women worshipper

VaBusa (Michelle) provides a great point of view from a woman’s perspective

GIXERHP (John) the mod man that makes it happen

And anyone else I may have forgotten…Thank You! :bowdown:

Here’s to a great 2010 and I look forward to meeting & riding w/ many of you this year!

Brian

Man, do I feel for you. I could not imaging been held captive by an ex-wife using my 8 year old daughter as a pawn for Reindeer Games.

Did she get full custody? If you have joint, in some states there are standard clauses that say the custodial parent can't move all over the country without the other parent's permission....but yes, the system is unfair to dads, and you will have to grind thru this until your daughter is an adult and can make her own decisions...and I PROMISE you, she will note what efforts you have made to be her dad. Keep your head up.

Dont let what people say get to you bro...were here for you...good luck and as always if theres anything I can do holler..:thumbsup:

Fixed this for ya:laugh::laugh:

Captain (Doug) for allowing us to be a part of his crew and continuing to steer the ship in the proper direction.

Lycan- For Da Cheeseburger

I've been where you are and I know how tough it is. I've even had the same problem with her moving the kids 400 miles away. I did the best I could to see them whenever i could. Summers and long holidays. Mine are grown now and guess what, They both live here with me.my ex still lives in Minor Hill Tn. I tell you this because You will always be their Daddy and one day They'll be old enough to decide where they want to be. It'll go faster than you think so hang on. Sounds like you are making all the sacrifices and one day they will see this. Good Luck and God Bless.

Last edited:
Dont worry Florida is a very understanding state and wont let her fool around with you and your rights .

When are you moving to Ft Liquordale ?
We can go riding 12 months out of the yr.....!

There see there is always a bright side.....:cheerleader:

Cheer up I have 5,000,000,000,000,000 new family members since I married El Cuban Dragon.
Your daughter will be fine and have lots of friends here, dont worry.
We have parties here almost every week and she is most welcome !
Heres a pic of what my yard looks like almost daily.
No consolation to your grief I know.

The sun'll come out tomorrow...tomorrow...bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow....there'll be sun......in FLORIDA !

ps..Please keep calling me at 2 am....The dragon still thinks Satin Black Rustoleum is code for wait 30mins and I'll meet you around the corner to my girlriend....:rofl:

KAthy Bday 1.15.09 056.jpg

Fixed this for ya:laugh::laugh:

Lycan- For Da Cheeseburger

:rofl:

Ok...you got me! I'm going to hold you to that Angel...might have to make it a Double Cheeseburger. I don't want to see rice or noodles for a long time after I get back! :laugh:

ps...I worship a latin woman(the wife)

I lust for Jackie Guerrido....:laugh:
A dios O mio mamacita !

As I can't say that I know what yo are going through, I have an ear that will listen anytime you need someone to talk to. Being a father, yes I would do whatever means possible to stay as close to my kids as I can. No matter how hard. One day they will grow up and see what is happening and have that choice to return the favor to the ex and come to you. As said before, keep your head up, the man upstairs has a plan and it's always a good one. We are all here for you, always have been and always will be. Keep doing what your doing and keep things as good as you can for you and your daughter. You will be in my thoughts and prayers bro.

Dont worry Florida is a very understanding state and wont let her fool around with you and your rights .

Cheer up I have 5,000,000,000,000,000 new family members since I married El Cuban Dragon.

The sun'll come out tomorrow...tomorrow...bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow....there'll be sun......in FLORIDA !

ps..Please keep calling me at 2 am....The dragon still thinks Satin Black Rustoleum is code for wait 30mins and I'll meet you around the corner to my girlriend....:rofl:

All I see in this pic...is the boy in the back with that grin on his face....

The boy just came out of the bounce house with them....:laugh:

Brian tell me more about the custody sit with your daughter ?

My mother retired in Palm Beach County from custody evaluations after 25yrs.
While this dept has since been closed she does still have numerous attys and a couple judges friendly to her ear......
May we file a 'query to custody' here in PBC for you ?

One of my best friends has sole custody of both his kids now as a result of her help.
As I said FL is very understanding and basically sex-blind meaning it is not always the woman who gets custody here.

Man, do I feel for you. I could not imaging been held captive by an ex-wife using my 8 year old daughter as a pawn for Reindeer Games.

Did she get full custody? If you have joint, in some states there are standard clauses that say the custodial parent can't move all over the country without the other parent's permission....but yes, the system is unfair to dads, and you will have to grind thru this until your daughter is an adult and can make her own decisions...and I PROMISE you, she will note what efforts you have made to be her dad. Keep your head up.

Thanks skydivr....good honest words right there.

The boy just came out of the bounce house with them....:laugh:

Brian tell me more about the custody sit with your daughter ?

My mother retired in Palm Beach County from custody evaluations after 25yrs.
While this dept has since been closed she does still have numerous attys and a couple judges friendly to her ear......
May we file a 'query to custody' here in PBC for you ?

One of my best friends has sole custody of both his kids now as a result of her help.
As I said FL is very understanding and basically sex-blind meaning it is not always the woman who gets custody here.

Wish it were that way around here. Fathers fight for everything. And I do mean fight.

Hey, I'm just glad you're willing to share perspective in life. We all have something to offer one another IF someone wants to. That's the nice thing about here; no one's forcing you to give away more than you care to, so if others feel you're giving away too much, they really should sit back and respect that you do what you want here, no judgements on either side, IMHO.

As for your news this week, the impending move after move :down: I'm sorry, but it happens far too often, Dads getting shafted when it comes to divorce and custody battles. I even went so far in my separation agreement to request that we both stay in the same county we live in now, so the kids can grow up here where they have family, stay in the same schools, etc. If either myself or my ex move from the county we live in, that person forfeits custody of the kids so that they still remain here. It's an odd arrangment, I know, but I didn't want him to ever worry about me doing exactly what your ex is doing to you, and I didn't want those fears either. Doesn't mean he can't leave, but if he does, the 50/50 share is over...

'Eh, enough about my situation. I am just beyond aggravated to watch men, DADS, go through the BS with the ex when all they want is a shot at still being Dad. A bitter ex-wife stops putting kids first and does everything she can to make her ex-husband's life miserable, pitting the kids against Dad, putting them in the middle of things they have no part of or say in...those women need jobs, hobbies, something! Grrrr...

Hang in there Brian...you're putting your daughter first and she'll know that in time. I give you huge credit for pushing as hard as you do, and I'm glad you can share with us :)

Oh trust me brother....if I move there...with both of us being insomniacs....the phone calls will stop and she'll have something else to raise an eyebrow at....because we may be riding at 2:00am instead of yappin' on the phone :whistle: :laugh:

The kids look great.....Caitlin would love the chance to make some new friends and they appear to be close to her age! :agree:
Thank you for the kind invitation Saiid.

I dont know your sit. but in NC she cant move out of the state with the kids without your premission. At least thats how it is for me.Thank God:beerchug:

As I can't say that I know what yo are going through, I have an ear that will listen anytime you need someone to talk to. Being a father, yes I would do whatever means possible to stay as close to my kids as I can. No matter how hard. One day they will grow up and see what is happening and have that choice to return the favor to the ex and come to you. As said before, keep your head up, the man upstairs has a plan and it's always a good one. We are all here for you, always have been and always will be. Keep doing what your doing and keep things as good as you can for you and your daughter. You will be in my thoughts and prayers bro.

Thank you Terry...much appreciated

Hey, I'm just glad you're willing to share perspective in life. We all have something to offer one another IF someone wants to. That's the nice thing about here; no one's forcing you to give away more than you care to, so if others feel you're giving away too much, they really should sit back and respect that you do what you want here, no judgements on either side, IMHO.

As for your news this week, the impending move after move :down: I'm sorry, but it happens far too often, Dads getting shafted when it comes to divorce and custody battles. I even went so far in my separation agreement to request that we both stay in the same county we live in now, so the kids can grow up here where they have family, stay in the same schools, etc. If either myself or my ex move from the county we live in, that person forfeits custody of the kids so that they still remain here. It's an odd arrangment, I know, but I didn't want him to ever worry about me doing exactly what your ex is doing to you, and I didn't want those fears either. Doesn't mean he can't leave, but if he does, the 50/50 share is over...

'Eh, enough about my situation. I am just beyond aggravated to watch men, DADS, go through the BS with the ex when all they want is a shot at still being Dad. A bitter ex-wife stops putting kids first and does everything she can to make her ex-husband's life miserable, pitting the kids against Dad, putting them in the middle of things they have no part of or say in...those women need jobs, hobbies, something! Grrrr...

Hang in there Brian...you're putting your daughter first and she'll know that in time. I give you huge credit for pushing as hard as you do, and I'm glad you can share with us :)

That there pretty much sums it up Michelle. If only more women were as understanding as you... a lot of this garbage could be avoided. Listen...I'm not saying I did no wrong in our previous relationship and that I take no responsibility....but it's been over for a few years now. Get over it, move on, and put our Daughter first!

Back