"American Pickers" fans

Taylor

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone been watching the new show,

American Pickers - History.com

Love the show, real down to earth guys..

Know here is the cool part, there shop is about 15 minutes from me.

Frank Fritz, the little guy:laugh:, is one of my old-step-dads best friend,

frank actually taught me how to ride dirt bikes , he has been a family friend now for years, he is a big time motorcycle guy, he owns over 20 bikes, from kawis to indians and everything in between, bmw k-1, old harleys, mopeds

Not a fan of antique's but this show is really cool and wanted people that have not seen it to give it a chance.

p.s. yes Frank is a nerd in real life too:rofl:

lol, thought it was about cotton. figured my uncle might be on it, lulz

I sa it one time and thought it was pretty cool. Now, it's my second favorite show---right after "COPS"!

I watch it every chance i get, i like it.:thumbsup:

I like pawn stars much better, those pickers seem like thieves to me.
The pawn shop fellows rip people off, its a pawn shop that is to be expected.
The pickers seem to look for people to swindle and cheat.
It should be called "2 weasels in a crappy van robbing old people."

It's fun to watch... but does not seem right when they show the picked price and actual worth.. seems the people they bought from would be offended..
It's cool though when they find a very old Motorcycle.....plus the carny car ride was a cool find.

That would explain his more than average knowledge of motorcycles, on several episodes, they run across old bikes and he really seems to know his stuff. Great show, they do lots of running though out the midwest which is also quite entertaining to see them in much of what is basicly our backyard:thumbsup::beerchug:

I enjoy that show and the pawn shop in Las Vegas. The pickers shop is in Pleasant Valley, Ia. right?

Tell the little guy that likes the oil cans I will part for this one for 30 dollars plus actual shipping.

I have photos of my Grandfather using it and Govenor Rockfeller of New York to his side from 1935 in Albany , NY.:hijack:

P.S. Always stored inside has not been used in 45 years. Soild no holes rust or mouse droppings.

1935 oil Can.jpg

Last edited:
yea its OK, all reality show kinda rope you in, like that celebrity rehab, bull run, kitchen nightmares. the best was the osbournes, gotta luv ozzy :laugh:

I havent been to Leclaire but my dad grew up in Long Grover where Buffalo Bill's little brother is buried. I grew up in Muscatine so its cool to see stuff from up home on TV.

Back