Be careful with fluids in your garage

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
had an interesting evening yesterday, it involved a turkey baster, a terrier, some hydrogen peroxide, ethylene glycol, and a trip to the vet at 10 pm. thought the dog got into some antifreeze in the garage (had drained radiator into a large bowl, i didn't have a container with a lid handy:banghead:). so we tried to induce vomiting. let me tell you, this little 22 lb dog fought us for 20 mins, and i personally think he won. anyway, decided to quit f'ing around and take him to the vet, well, two mins into the rather frantic drive, he cuts loose and vomits :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader: YAY!!! right? no poisoned dog, cool. so go home, clean up poor jack jack. oh yea, he was covered in poop from fighting us so much when we were trying to give him the hydrogen peroxide. so after he's clean, pukes into the tub too, 3 times. getting to the point where it's more dry heaving than anything. wait an hour or so, he's looking better, give him a little food, and he's doing great. make my dinner, sausage mac and cheese with feta, give the dogs a little piece each of sausage. big mistake, not only does jack jack start vomiting again (4 times in less than 5 mins), but it's bloody too, so at this point i start :please: and decide to quit being such a cheap ass and take him to the emergency vet. after 1.5 hours at the vet, he's fine, no antifreeze detected, and -$335 to the checking account. but, he's alive and doing fine. the blood was either from a wound in his mouth (probably from the baster fight, it's a metal baster) or an ulcer. we got meds and all that stuff for him, but i figured i'd share my evening with you guys. we're both just glad he's back to normal.

Sorry to hear, glad it all worked out.

Repeat after me:

The baster is not a binky. The baster is not a binky! :laugh:

Pet ownership and raising kiddos are worlds apart. They do collide from time to time but normally you're standing there either trying not to laugh or scurrying to pull both worlds from one another. You'll be a fine papa.

:beerchug:

i used to keep a 55 gallon drum of C-16 in the garage! bad, bad, bad idea. told the wife it was windshield washer fluid!:lol:

Glad the pooch is OK! Betcha it won't happen again!

Similar but different:
My girl at the time, sewing something on a Sun. evening. Sets threaded needle down to do something, goes back to sewing and can't find threaded needle. We look all over the house (ditzy kinda girl) for where she may've left it. Hour of searching I conclude her cat (ditzy as she was) musta ate it. Bawling breaks out, "call 911"-wish I had a video. Found a 24 Hr. Vet. Shows the X-ray, Bingo! Found the needle! All the way to the Belly. Surgery, overnight stay, and about 1K, got the needle and the cat back. Think she quit sewing!

Pets! Always an adventure, and an expensive one at that! Currently have two Shih-Tzu and an Australian Shephard. Vet bills add up, but they are worth it.

wow thats some night ogre im glad you got him back ok maybe next time he smells antifreeze he will run away .....but probably not......and pets and children totally different plus children live longer than pets ...and eat more ...and appreciate you more the list goes on and on ....:laugh:

oh my... my stomach hurts from laughing.. but only because I TOTALLY understand where yall were coming from!!!!

Poor baby puppy... with such mean.. but overly concerned owners... :rofl:

Pets! Always an adventure, and an expensive one at that! Currently have two Shih-Tzu and an Australian Shephard. Vet bills add up, but they are worth it.

In the past 3 weeks we have dumped almost $800 with the Doggie Dermatologist on our English Bulldog. :banghead:

Back