Looking for a free-lance welder Aluminum and 304 Stainless

GPW

Donating Member
Registered
Looking for a sub-contractor that can work on odd jobs for me at a $150 per day rate plus fuel, Sundays work for me as well. On-call basis only. Must have own tools and equipment. I will furnish parts, gas and so forth. MD,VA, PA. Some work with turbo systems is great, more concerned with perfect fabrication and welding skills. Will be asked to fuse two small stainless pipes together and send it in, thats your resume.

Greg

Last edited:
i know a couple fellas around here who would have no issue doing this, bump for you greg. another possibility is to learn to weld. i hope i get the opportunity to learn it in AIT

i know a couple fellas around here who would have no issue doing this, bump for you greg. another possibility is to learn to weld. i hope i get the opportunity to learn it in AIT
Lots of styles to learn, mig, tig, chamber w/ titanium and so forth. Would rather just use someone who can make super strong, clean appearing welds that will last.

For what you are looking for I think you may be way on the low end of the pay scale. You might find one for that, but I don't think it will be the quality you are looking for. Around here It's more like $45-$65 an hr for a good tig hand with his own equipment.

realistically, i'd skip stick welding and mig welding. learn tig welding for aluminum (can use with lighter duty steel as well), and learn to weld Ti. it'd be fun.

For what you are looking for I think you may be way on the low end of the pay scale. You might find one for that, but I don't think it will be the quality you are looking for. Around here It's more like $45-$65 an hr for a good tig hand with his own equipment.
Ok, thanks not oppose to those rates but at the most it would be only two hours a day.

If all someone has to do is show up and weld. Aka you'll suppkt everything except glove and hood then that's fair. I'd do it for that if I were around.

Esp since I dount you'd have enough for a competent hand to take all day to do. Sounds pretty decent to me 150 bucks plus fuel. No consumables or machine usage on my side.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back