Look what I got

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
Well, with all the bad press about Toyota, I thought it might be a good time to "make a deal". Sure enough--the dealers are HUNGRY for showroom traffic. So, I traded this (Nissan Titan) for this (Toyota Tacoma). Gonna pick it up today. I figure if I can ride a run-away 'busa then I can handle a run-away Tacoma!:laugh:

titan.jpg

red.jpg

OOPS--forgot to mention--Tacoma is a stock pic as I won't have the truck until tonight!

Congrats on the new ride! Nissans aren't bad neither. I've a 05 Frontier and couldn't be happier.

I and my parents have owned Toyata and Lexus for years and they're great products. I drive a GS (no recall), they drive the ES (infamous recall). I'm sure Toyota/Lexus will remedy the problems with their vehicles as all other manufacturers in the past.

Don't think there's a Tacoma recall. Both of my brothers Tundras are though!

how good of a deal was it? I've considered replacing my avalanche but just dont want to jump back into the monthly payments... its a constant battle in my head of "new goodness" vs "monthly ouch" :laugh:

how good of a deal was it? I've considered replacing my avalanche but just dont want to jump back into the monthly payments... its a constant battle in my head of "new goodness" vs "monthly ouch" :laugh:

I know exactly how you feel. I just can't seem to justify it right now. A new truck sounds so good and will feel awesome for the 1st few months....then the payments will quickly remind me of how nice it was to have that money freed up monthly :banghead:

Congats on the new Tacoma hottrodd.....if I look at trucks that is the one I want.

Well, the Titan I traded in was a 2007 with 60,000 miles. The Tacoma had a sticker price of just under $29,000 and I traded for $10,000 even. I thought that was a pretty good deal!

Well, the Titan I traded in was a 2007 with 60,000 miles. The Tacoma had a sticker price of just under $29,000 and I traded for $10,000 even. I thought that was a pretty good deal!

So they gave you $10,000 for your Titan w/ 60,000mi on it? I just want to know because if I decide to look at used Titans at a dealer w/ similar mileage I'll have an idea what they paid for it. TIA

So they gave you $10,000 for your Titan w/ 60,000mi on it? I just want to know because if I decide to look at used Titans at a dealer w/ similar mileage I'll have an idea what they paid for it. TIA

NO--They gave me almost $19,000 for the Titan--I gave them the Titan and $10,000.

Shoot, I would love to have your old truck at that price..Ship that baby here.

Back