Just need to talk about it this time

HRHDi

Dont Call Me "MeeMaw"
Donating Member
Registered
As many of you know, I've been dealing with some health issues since for the past couple of years. It's not something that's normally life-threatening, although it is cancer, papillary thyroid cancer to be exact. At each 6 month follow up, my doctor doesn't expect to find any more, but, of course, she does. The last round of tests were September - October of last year. Something showed up on the sonogram, but the biopsy and radiation scan were inconclusive.

Well, it's that time again. My office visit is March 2nd and I'm sure there will be a sonogram (no big deal), another biopsy (the last one really, really sucked) probably followed by a scan (again, no big deal except for the low-dose radiation tracer). I'm just kind of freaking out about it more this time than the other 2 follow-ups. I can't imagine that there won't be anything "suspicious" on the sonogram this time given the results 6 months ago. So, everything's going to start again.

Since this is such a curable, non-life threatening kind of cancer, I always feel weird whining about it. Most of us have seen first hand what traditional cancer treatment is like. I didn't have to deal with any of that. I've had a couple surgeries (and now a really cool scar) and about a month of prep for the 1 dose of radiation treatment two years ago.

Dan has been unbelievably wonderful and my company has been incredibly supportive. I just don't know why it's getting to me so much this time.

I have very non-traditional beliefs, so I'm not really asking for prayers, but I guess just some indulgence until this round is over; because I can tell already that I'm going to be a bit whiny.

ITS ok, you are going through alot. If there is anything that my family and I can do from way across the US, just let me know. I have been through something similar with my previous GF, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was with her through all the troubles, so I know it can be a PAIN IN THE ARSE.

hey hang in there, I can see where you would be apprehensive about going, it'll be ok, just stay tuff:thumbsup:

I'm glad you're talking about it; I'm positive it's been an aggravating and scary process, doesn't matter what kind of cancer, it's always scary.

I'm sending good vibes your way, and hugs!!! I hope the upcoming tests and appts are nothing beyond irritating routines and that they find nothing of great interest. We're here if you need us and I'm so glad Dan is so great through it all :bowdown:

Good thoughts sent your way, I would be freaked if I had health issues like that too. NO one wants to hear they have cancer. Hang in there, best of luck :beerchug:

Di, it is scary. We're here to listen. Feel free to talk anytime. Remember that my offer is always open to you and dan.

Whine away my friend, you have earned that right! I can't imagine what you are having to go through, you will be in my thoughts. Hang in there and please be sure to let us know if there is anything we can do to help out.

(((HUGS)))

HRHDI, always best to talk about things and not let it build up...no one likes going to the dentist or doctor for any reason...and then they start doing invasive procedures...that sends the aggravation right off of the chart. This is a difficult process and a difficult time to deal with it for you...Somehow you must attempt to change your mind-set on this process. You must try to accept that you are in a time and space that you are not in control of...and that is always one of the most alarming things for us, isn't it? To not be in control is scary and really bothers me personally...To have to trust in another person's opinion and skills is another set of obstacles to overcome also...at least it is for me. You are in skilled professional help and you have to go through the process...it is more mental than anything else..I wish you the best and hope you are on the backside of this issue and it will resolve soon...Accept where you are and that u have to go through it so try and relax...what other choices are there? So easy to say...and so hard to do...makes for an uneasy time...2hip

feel free to whine away to your heart's content...you are surrounded by friends who are more than willing to listen or do anything else we can to help! your apprehension is very understandable and we all just wish you the best and are looking forward to many more years of fun together!!

Vent if you want. When the surgery team starts to recognize you when you come in the door, that's when it gets BAD:poke:. Hang in there!

I knew I could count on everyone here. You all have been more than amazing throughout this entire time.

I guess maybe it's knowing that there's probably something there this time. The other times, we expected a clean sono and scan. I have tremendous amounts of confidence in my doctors, apparently I'm just that 1% of patients that can't seem to get rid of this.

Thanks again, everyone. You truly are family.

I suppose you are just to the point of ..Dam, not again! Well get tough with it Di...I know you are the type who can do that. Look it straight in the eye and tell your fears to just BACK OFF!

You rode a moped on the dragon......you can do anything! :bowdown:

We got your back Princess.

Hey Di, even if there is something there this time, you have to keep the faith and confidence up that your doctor will remove it. Stinks to be a 1%'er, I know :( Just keep your chin up!!! We're all here to walk you through this "routine maintenance" :)

{{{HUGS}}}

Prayers will continue to come your way Diana, you guys deserve the best. ((Hugs)) :beerchug:

Hey, it was a Vespa!

(It's hard to do the wave on a Moped) :laugh:

I have video of her passing a harley with her Vespa heading back to the Phillips after her dragon run. :rofl:

Back