The Florida Highway Patrol doesnt mess around

Good to see.....I thought they always gave each other a "pass" like you see in the movies :whistle:

"Well, well, look who's here...Mr. No Bribe. Sure we'll help you, just sit down and wait for detective Like-I-Give-A-Damn!"

:laugh:

114942_std.jpg

Must go to show how scared Palm Beach County Sheriffs are of going back to station with a speeding ticket.

He would rather lie and throw away a career on the Tactical team than just take the ticket. Tries be bold and lie to FHP ! They dont fool around.
Trooper said OK and then did his homework, came back and got his man.
Now Doods Skrood !

Heres another local idiot :

Making drug deals from her unit ?

Palm Beach County deputy charged with oxycodone possession, put on leave

A pillhead out there putting others in jail !

This is not bashing and I am sure it represents the most smallest of percentages as I myself associate and eat with many regularly.

If he had been undercover as previously mentioned, it just got blown. Should not have published the pic....

In other news, I was going to the Airport last week, saw a big hole in the traffic and made a pretty bold move (at about 80 in a 55) to take it; just so happens I did it right in front of a Nashville Metro Police officer in an SUV, who saw it and pulled me over right in front of the airport entrance. I just knew he was gonna write me; told him why I did it. He saw my military ID, told me that this must be his morning as he'd already pulled over another police officer and now me, and gave me some professional courtesy and let me go with a warning. I've used up my good luck for this month for sure...

I can't believe why he would mess up a good job like this, just to try and get out of a speeding ticket.

i don't have a problem with professional courtesy up to a point, it happens in all kinds of jobs...however, he got exactly what he deserved for lying to try to get out of trouble :beerchug:

Goes along with my belief that most of them think the laws dont apply to them. They regularly speed past my house which is a 25mph zone. (yes, you can tell the difference between 25 and too fast w/o radar)

Most of them are good enforcers just doing thier job.
Posted via Mobile Device

i don't have a problem with professional courtesy up to a point, it happens in all kinds of jobs...however, he got exactly what he deserved for lying to try to get out of trouble :beerchug:

Agreed. Police also often let every day people go with warnings based on how they act and how blatant the reason they were pulled over is. The guy in this story though tried to abuse it and now his life fell apart rather quickly. :rulez:

I don't have a problem with 'Professional Courtesy' either but in this case I think he got what he deserved....

There is a major difference between an Undercover and a Plain Clothes officer. This Sheriff was a plain clothes guy. A true undercover's identity is never revealed even in the face of the media. The Florida State Police have a reputation for being first class @**h0les. There was a story not to long ago that was brought to my attention that a Miami-Dade Police Lieutenant who was vacationing somewhere in the Palm Beach area just got a call that his son was in a fatal motor vehicle accident somewhere in Miami, he didn't have much time to live so they advised his father to get to the Miami Hospital 4th Width. He was speeding en route to the hospital when a Florida Trooper pulled him over, he immediately pulled over, ID'ed himself to the trooper and explained the situation. The Trooper didn't care, made him wait, wrote him a summons. By the time the Lieutenant made it to the hospital, his son had already passed. This is a confirmed story, it made the news and the trooper was suspended. I have no remorse for the Florida State Police after a story like that. They should all be ashamed of themselves. This isnt the first horror story from them, and this wont be the last. They don't believe in courtesty, especially to LEO's.

There is a major difference between an Undercover and a Plain Clothes officer. This Sheriff was a plain clothes guy. A true undercover's identity is never revealed even in the face of the media. The Florida State Police have a reputation for being first class @**h0les. There was a story not to long ago that was brought to my attention that a Miami-Dade Police Lieutenant who was vacationing somewhere in the Palm Beach area just got a call that his son was in a fatal motor vehicle accident somewhere in Miami, he didn't have much time to live so they advised his father to get to the Miami Hospital 4th Width. He was speeding en route to the hospital when a Florida Trooper pulled him over, he immediately pulled over, ID'ed himself to the trooper and explained the situation. The Trooper didn't care, made him wait, wrote him a summons. By the time the Lieutenant made it to the hospital, his son had already passed. This is a confirmed story, it made the news and the trooper was suspended. I have no remorse for the Florida State Police after a story like that. They should all be ashamed of themselves. This isnt the first horror story from them, and this wont be the last. They don't believe in courtesty, especially to LEO's.

So one officer's bad decision leads you to label the entire agency?

wuggzwest...it would have been impossible for the trooper to verify the accident or names of those invloved as it simply doesnt flow into the system that fast.
2nd I'm sure you know that prolly 90 out of 100 folks who get stopped for speeding are going to see a dying relative in the hospital....:laugh:

Yes in hindsight trooper may be sorry but no way for him to know or do anything else other than what he did.

When you get clocked going 127mph in your wifes MKx on New Yrs day and the guy only writes you for the min 74 in a 65 I say they are ok. I dropped no names nor played any cards. He gace me good break and not a warning..
I see , shoot and talk with them regularly. 99.99% of FHP are good guys. The majority stick to the letter of the law and rarely give warnings but they are ok.

Uncle steve,Yea I pretty much labeled the entire agency. Iv dealt with many of them before, to me it seems they are a solo personality department. Whatever the Trooper academy does to them, it works. Talk to all the BSO's and municipals throughout FL, Im sure they would be more then happy to confirm it.

Blanca, I beg to differ, it would of been pretty simple for the trooper to pick up his cellphone and call Miami-Dade HQ or there central communications division (Im sure the Lieutenant had the number) and ask if they had an accident involving a civilian likely to die within the last hour. Especially considering it was known that it was a son of a member of service. I have no problem with the FSP, Im just a "take care of your own" type of guy, they aren't. It is what it is

The officer that wrote the summons to the officer that was trying to get to the hospital to see his son before he passed should have just got his name and badge number and let that officer go. He could have simply investigated to see what that officer had said was true or not!

Possibly but I was on scene when my own brother was hit and run over on his bicycle.
The lifeflighted him to hospital. When I arrived nobody knew anything and could not say if he was even there.
The officer that brought me there could find no record of the incident or where the helo had gone. System had not updated yet is what he told me.

Who knows.
Most part they do their job same as you.
If you dont do your job I would complain.
As mgr on lot at Lincoln Mercury I expected people to perform to their best I think FHP expects no less.
We complain but they are again just doing their job....

Have a nice day and please assume a safe speed before merging back into traffic....:thumbsup:

exactly. And if he was only doing 21 over and then slowed down. Why not just stop for crying out loud.??????:banghead::banghead::banghead: Thats just stupid.

Uncle steve,Yea I pretty much labeled the entire agency. Iv dealt with many of them before, to me it seems they are a solo personality department. Whatever the Trooper academy does to them, it works. Talk to all the BSO's and municipals throughout FL, Im sure they would be more then happy to confirm it.

Blanca, I beg to differ, it would of been pretty simple for the trooper to pick up his cellphone and call Miami-Dade HQ or there central communications division (Im sure the Lieutenant had the number) and ask if they had an accident involving a civilian likely to die within the last hour. Especially considering it was known that it was a son of a member of service. I have no problem with the FSP, Im just a "take care of your own" type of guy, they aren't. It is what it is

Your right, no sense in a debate.

Back