bmw S 1000RR

here is a pic of the one I rode yesterday. It is fast.

2010 Feburary bike 001.jpg

I don't know why anyone is so concerned about the new BMW, really. The comparison is apples and oranges. One is a sport bike and one is a sport tourer. Neither was conceived or built for the same reason. So, who really cares if it handles better or if it has more top end? Get a S1000 owner to do a 400 mile day on one at any speed. You can take him to physical rehab on the back of your 'Busa............

I don't know why anyone is so concerned about the new BMW, really. The comparison is apples and oranges. One is a sport bike and one is a sport tourer. Neither was conceived or built for the same reason. So, who really cares if it handles better or if it has more top end? Get a S1000 owner to do a 400 mile day on one at any speed. You can take him to physical rehab on the back of your 'Busa............

So true. I wouldnt sell my busa to get one, but I would add it to the stable. I like to ride 600 mile days on the busa but I dont think I would on the bmw.

So true, plus I don't race my stuff anyway! What does it weigh anyway? 300 and a little?

I don't know why anyone is so concerned about the new BMW, really. The comparison is apples and oranges. One is a sport bike and one is a hyper sport tourer. Neither was conceived or built for the same reason. So, who really cares if it handles better or if it has more top end? Get a S1000 owner to do a 400 mile day on one at any speed. You can take him to physical rehab on the back of your 'Busa............

This is so very true. I just added in an extra word for ya'. :laugh:

I think the Beemer is getting a lot of coverage and talk amongst the sportbike crowds as its the new bad boy on the block this year.

I've spoken openly about my love for this bike & how badly I want one so I don't feel the need to defend it anymore. But it is accurate to say....the Busa & the 1000RR are not comparable.

Not worried, but curious. Wondering if anyone is going to top speed this thing? Re-gear it, remove the factory restrictions and bring it to the salt. Be cool to see if all the horsepower can equal 200 mph with simple mods or not.

A bike is only as good as its rider. :grim:

I only have to tell you that this bike comes bone stock (191H/P) my gen2 was 171, that bike WILL make a bad rider look real good....On the other website SB there is a big story on it..Plus you can look for that bike to be racing in the AMA s/s class this year..Damn, I believe what I see not what I hear. I love my bike but always know that things change, my busa may not be the king that it once was, as of now that BMW is here and will make a statment in the race world believe it or not..

I only have to tell you that this bike comes bone stock (191H/P) my gen2 was 171, that bike WILL make a bad rider look real good....On the other website SB there is a big story on it..Plus you can look for that bike to be racing in the AMA s/s class this year..Damn, I believe what I see not what I hear. I love my bike but always know that things change, my busa may not be the king that it once was, as of now that BMW is here and will make a statment in the race world believe it or not..

I'm not saying the bimmer is not fast, but I know for a fact not everyone is capable of pushing it to its limits.

Back