Rain, boring day......

Know the feeling, hit 43 today but with the water runoff and salt from all our snow, won't take her out. I am making a big pot of pasta sauce right now. But YAWN, I am ready for a nap myself. I am bored stiff.

One thing thats pretty cool, I got the opportunity to drive Nascar cars at Pocono Raceway a few times due to a promotion at my job. I have done about 40 laps at Pocono.
I am not a huge Nascar fan, but I gotta tell you, drivin those cars was a HOOT!

Don't feel too bad.....we've got 12" of that white junk headed our way due to start any minute now and continue through the night at the rate of about an inch an hour. I was hoping to get a ride in to the tuner this Friday but it doesn't look like that will be happening. :(

You have me deepest sympathy! In NJ we don't normally get dumped on that way, but we have had a couple of major snow events recently. Temps have warmed up, but with the snow and salt runoff, I won't take her out. IT IS KILLIN ME!
Deepest Sympathy ! :beerchug:

Thanks Nova.....we still have snow on the ground from December. It just started to get decent over the past few days, and by decent I mean 35 for a high with some sunshine to help melt things. The backyard still has about 8" covering everything and now this junk is coming along. I'm hoping for a very warm March. The original forecast for our area was an above average temperature for the spring and summer so at this point we can only hope the 40's just get skipped over and we jump straight to the 50's and 60's.

Last year I got the bike out on Feb 7th and started riding it almost daily. By the time April hit it was warm enough to remove one of my liners but this year is really sucking. There's a couple stray flakes coming down already, it's supposed to be on like Donkey Kong by 8pm tonight. The only thing that keeps my sanity now is firing up the heater in the garage and going out to spend time tinkering either on the bike or messing around with the soldering gun coming up with new gadgets. :laugh: I got so bored yesterday that I wired up 10 LED's just for something to do....don't know what on earth I'm going to use them on, probably nothing, but it kept me busy for an hour or so. :whistle: Got to work some OT today so most of my day was already spoken for.....but that nervous tick is starting to make its way back. :poke:

I know the feeling brother! Scar and I were both suppose to ride up to the Grand Canyon today, but due to the rain and the cold that was a no go. We have plans to go to the Grand Canyon next sunday. Hopefully the weather holds out for us!

Back