Still Got the Gun Fever

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Picked up my new SIG P220 45 Auto just an hour ago! Great feeling gun cant wait to shoot. :cheerleader: If the sun don't come out soon and Summer gets going I'm going to need a bigger gun safe!

SIG P220 001.jpg

and im supposed to go to a gun show tomorrow...with no money....STILL WANT TO GO!!

Super nice.
Sig .45s are some of the smoothest most accurate ones made. Nice DA trigger pull with a very clean break to them.
But looking at your its SA with safety on frame for cocked and locked carry which is just as nice if not more.

That thing will be a one holer fer sure !

Last edited:
Very nice... :thumbsup:

Still trying to decide which .45 I want... ??? I've got plenty of Sigs so I figured I would try a Kimber but aren't sold on them yet. How did you decide...?

I'm still looking to get a 220 Elite Stainless. This is an all steel gun , frame and slide.
The extra weight makes for quicker follow up shots..

Gun he bought above will make up for that by being single action..:thumbsup:

What folks in TN call a true 'nickel flicker'
Meaning you can tag nickels at 50yds with that thang !

I am the same way. If I get a little depressed I end up buying guns. The worst was I ended up buying 2 shotguns in one day, at the cost of almost a 1000 dollars. Guns are a great stress reliever!!

Ahhh...SIGs :bowdown:

Nice 220 Congrats :beerchug:

My 220 & 225 (a pair of single stacks)

225-2201.jpg

IMHO love the feel of the 225, feels great in the hand.
Also would recommend finding a 228 if possible (my carry gun)
A 229 is SIMILAR but balance of the 228 is much better as the materials
are different. Yeah the 228 is 9mm only (one fo my favorite cali) but it'll shoot
+P and hold a higher capacity.

Still trying to decide which .45 I want... ??? I've got plenty of Sigs so I figured I would try a Kimber but aren't sold on them yet. How did you decide...?

I will say this...I am a bonified Sig Junkie BUT...my Kimber is the best gun
I own. Absolute tack driver...thing is flawless.

However...I bought my Kimber very early on, quite a few years ago. Since then
(and I've been outa the loop for a while so I don't know where they stand now)
there were some rumblings of...issues. Never saw any personally at the gunshop
I part timed at but heard about a few @ sigforum.com.

Course internet stuff, most is probably user malfuntion etc...I would research it
a bit just to make sure...

EQEC9.jpg

course a lot depends on what your going to use it for...

Last edited:
Your right, SA for sure. I read up and it supposed to be a nail driver!
Super nice.
Sig .45s are some of the smoothest most accurate ones made. Nice DA trigger pull with a very clean break to them.
But looking at your its SA with safety on frame for cocked and locked carry which is just as nice if not more.

That thing will be a one holer fer sure !

I have not decided.... I have this one SIG, three Berretta 92FS's, two Kimber's from the Custom Shop and yes, Kimber is killer and deadly accurate as well and I have had it to the range. My son and wife whom had never shot a pistol hit miltiple bulls eyes at 25 yards and that says alot for the Kimber. I have several Colt's original 1911 made in 1913 and a cold 1991A1 Comp Model, 38 S&W 5 shot revolver, 38 S&W Combat Master Piece and a ton of long guns as well. So, I'm still undecided and still collecting. I'm a sick sick man and wonder when the DIVORCE will come. Maybe this year! LOL

TN born myeself and stayed in Knoxville my home town till I joined the AF at 27 years old and now I'm 50 on the 29th! I was in the woods with a gun by the time I was 7 or 8 years old. Can you imagine that today with your or our kids? No! I shot at everything and could shoot the hairs off a nats arse at 100 yards. I would put pennys on a downed hickory tree and fling them out of sight with open sights. Shoot a leg out from under a crow to watch them fly away and wonder how they would land.... forgive me lord! I hated snakes and shot all the one in the pond in front of our house with my trusty Benjermin Sherridan Air Rifle and still have two of them today! :beerchug:

I'm still looking to get a 220 Elite Stainless. This is an all steel gun , frame and slide.
The extra weight makes for quicker follow up shots..

Gun he bought above will make up for that by being single action..:thumbsup:

What folks in TN call a true 'nickel flicker'
Meaning you can tag nickels at 50yds with that thang !

Your spot on, I'm depressed and this is my temporary fix for sure.

I am the same way. If I get a little depressed I end up buying guns. The worst was I ended up buying 2 shotguns in one day, at the cost of almost a 1000 dollars. Guns are a great stress reliever!!

Excellent, your right no man or gun should ride alone! May as well start looking for a crib mate! Nice set you have there. Since I have not shot my SIG have you noticed any ammo that your SIG like over others that it didn't like?

Ahhh...SIGs :bowdown:

Nice 220 Congrats :beerchug:

My 220 & 225 (a pair of single stacks)

225-2201.jpg

IMHO love the feel of the 225, feels great in the hand.
Also would recommend finding a 228 if possible (my carry gun)
A 229 is SIMILAR but balance of the 228 is much better as the materials
are different. Yeah the 228 is 9mm only (one fo my favorite cali) but it'll shoot
+P and hold a higher capacity.

I bought these two Kims my 9mm Aegis II and then the 45 Elite and immediately had a friend whom has asked me at least 8 times to sell him one. I have never sold any gun or traded and will not let go of my collection for my kids will have them when I'm done with life. I will say this, the take down on the Kimbers with the little tool is a pain and I had to watch a vid on UTUBE twice before I got it down pat. But quality/looks/function/reliability/accuracy is top notch!

I will say this...I am a bonified Sig Junkie BUT...my Kimber is the best gun
I own. Absolute tack driver...thing is flawless.

However...I bought my Kimber very early on, quite a few years ago. Since then
(and I've been outa the loop for a while so I don't know where they stand now)
there were some rumblings of...issues. Never saw any personally at the gunshop
I part timed at but heard about a few @ sigforum.com.

Course internet stuff, most is probably user malfuntion etc...I would research it
a bit just to make sure...

EQEC9.jpg

course a lot depends on what your going to use it for...

Excellent, your right no man or gun should ride alone! May as well start looking for a crib mate! Nice set you have there. Since I have not shot my SIG have you noticed any ammo that your SIG like over others that it didn't like?

Course Sigs will eat anything, I use the Wally World Winchester value packs
for range but carry Speer gold dot.

Another gun that I give two thumbs up to and is quite surprising...
CZ75 P-01

That is an awesome tough as nails little gun, fairly inexpensive...very high quality
as good as any gun I got, I would easily trust my life with it. Anybody who's
unfamilier with it should give it a read. Several years of testing by Nato to
win the contract...

My P-01 with flame birchwood grips
IMG_0206.jpg

One on our local board right now but man is it butt ugly. Not like the beauty you have! Here it is... don't throw up! They are asking $550.00 I just recently bought some Speer Gold Dots and have yet to shoot them and as well over the years favored the Federal Gold Match I think is what they are called. I read good things about the Speer!

Course Sigs will eat anything, I use the Wally World Winchester value packs
for range but carry Speer gold dot.

Another gun that I give two thumbs up to and is quite surprising...
CZ75 P-01

That is an awesome tough as nails little gun, fairly inexpensive...very high quality
as good as any gun I got, I would easily trust my life with it. Anybody who's
unfamilier with it should give it a read. Several years of testing by Nato to
win the contract...

My P-01 with flame birchwood grips
IMG_0206.jpg

P1010091-1.jpg

just got back from the gun show...waste of time...going to the hamburg NY one in couple weeks...

Back